The Subway 1991

DJ MC

Don't you mean the third one? Yeah it has to be. I'll let LRG decide and I'm 100% sure he'll agree on that. Seeing both GE and WH R30s is what really interested me the most. Never seen R30s in action before except some being used in a movie that is and it looks like they were in much better shape then they were ten years before this video was shot. I remember in 2000 I rode an (L) with Slants and that was a fun day for me along with riding Slants on the (Q6Av) a few days earlier, which gave me a high speed ride to Prospect park.

Its an R40. The pantograph gates are a giveaway. These videos bring me back. Thanks for the great finds.

Wow, this takes me back. That 2nd video was shot a few days after I turned 12 that year and I was 2 years into being a subway buff and I was just loving life down there. I started riding the train alone in April 1991 on the (4), so seeing the (4) back then in the vids brought a smile to my face. The subway could do no wrong in my eyes. I even remember some of the ads I saw in the videos lol. Thank you for sharing these vids. It's nice to relive my childhood through these videos.

Archived