I remember when... bus edtion

Q43LTD

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember when buses issued orange (for the AM) & blue (for the PM) paper transfers....

To add to that, I remember my uncle talking w/me about the day when paper transfers would be done so there would be no more b*tching about the expiration times on them. LOL

Oh yeah, and I also remember when local bus service on Staten Island was actually reliable and buses didn't go MIA. :(

I also remember taking the (S53) for the first time around when the Orions were actually new and thinking how great the service was and how clean the buses were too. LOL

I remember when the C40LFs and TMC RTSs were brand new and had those pink lights.

I remember when buses issued orange (for the AM) & blue (for the PM) paper transfers....

I also remember when those transfers lasted all day instead of just two hours.

I Remember When My Grandfather Was A Bus Driver For Triboro Before He Retired Back In '98. I Would Go Out To LaGuardia Depot When His Shift Was Over And He Was Driving A TMC RTS-06 CNG When It Was Out Of Service And We Would Just Drive Around Queens. Man Those Were The Days. I Wish I Could Buy One Of Those RTS CNG's Because I Got The Money For It But.....I'll Just Keep Dreaming. =/ *SIGH*

I never remembered getting an orange xfer during pm hrs... didn't matter what direction I traveled...

or vice versa (blue / am)...

I remember they were issued by direction. Orange for south and westbound routes and Blue for east and northbound routes

I remember when...

-the 8600s and their Alcoa rims

-the 8000s and their turn signals you heard INSIDE the bus (espically if you sat up front)

-the Allison V730 transmission...f*ck that push button shifting, real shifting was done by hand :(

-there was no artics and RTSs dominated damn near every line

-tokens...nuff said

I remember when....

The (Q83) went to Queens Village LIRR Station all day

The (Q42) ran weekends

(M35) went to Queens

(M18) traveled to the Village with the (M3)

The Bx24 ran from Fordham Plaza to Riverdale

All the PBL's had crappy headways

That pathetic Q86 that ran in Rosedale

The Queens Bus Map had no information about the Private Buses

Tokens

The B5, 13, 18, 23, 30, 37, 39, 40, 47, 50, 51, 62, 71, 75, 77 and 78 existed at some point

Round trip tickets

Archived