I remember when... bus edtion

Q43LTD

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am going to have to disagree with you there. They've always had that wrong on the map. Being from that area, the Bx31 always layed over on Webster and 233 Street right in front of the Bronx River Pkwy exit. That was the last and first stop. I have noticed it on the map before but never understood why it showed the terminal way down there at Nereid.
Okay, I took a look at an old timetable, and you're right. The map itself has other minor errors as well, so I'll have to stick with the timetables..

• 2 years later...

I remember When

The Bx41 southern Terminal was Brunkner Blvd

The Bx11 Terminal was a the 2/5 Freeman Street Train Station

The M8 was the M13

The M96 was the M19

i remember when the fare was $1.

I remember the Bx54 in Parkchester

The Bx52 to Orchard Beach

The Bx16 being Split into to branches. Mundy Lane and Ropes ave before it was combined into one

The Bx23 (Which the 8 serve the sourthern part of that route)

Bx24 To riverdale

When the Bx30 Last stop was at 205 street, but would continue down 204 street make a left on Webster, right on gun hill and proceed back the Co Op

there a lot more. dont feel like type anymore

I remember when the borough of Staten Island only had two operating depots, Castleton and Yukon.

I remember when the local bus fleet of the aforementioned depots was 90% Orion V's, with the few RTS' at Castleton being the exception.

I remember when the borough of Staten Island only had two operating depots, Castleton and Yukon.

I remember when the fleet of the afformentioned depots was 90% Orion V's, with the few RTS' at Castleton being the exception.

I remember when the local bus fleet of the afformentioned depots was 90% Orion V's, with the few RTS' at Castleton being the exception.

i remember when the local buses like the orion and the RTS did express service

i remember when the local buses like the orion and the RTS did express service

Yep, me too. Castleton had some suburban Orion V's in addition to some MCI's. I was slightly biased to the Orion V's, LOL even though the MCI's were generally cleaner.

Continuing, I remember the S74 and S78 prior to the opening of Bricktown.

I remember the now discontinued S60 and S67.

Lastly I remember Triboro Coach as the last operating private line. I thought it was awesome to have ridden an old RTS on the Q33 as my last trip in NYC.

I remember when the M6 and m7 used to go on broadway before bloomberg did that stupid pedestrian plaza. 

That was also when the M6 had decent ridership, once that pedestrian plaza shit came through, ridership took a nose dive....

I remember when Xcelsiors ran on Castleton routes...I won't forget that

I remember when the Orion V ruled Castleton, LOL. None of this BT&E crap.

That wasn't even too long ago though....

Not even two years yet, LMAO!

I remember when the Orion V ruled Castleton, LOL. None of this BT&E crap.

I remember when the Orions(6000s) started to come to Staten Island and the island was predominantly RTSs! I hated them so much when they were brand new since I loved the GMC/TMC RTSs a lot more back then, always was and will be an RTS person lol.

I remember when the Orions(6000s) started to come to Staten Island and the island was predominantly RTSs! I hated them so much when they were brand new since I loved the GMC/TMC RTSs a lot more back then, always was and will be an RTS person lol.

LOL, it's all good man. Towards '04-'05 the RTS' were being pushed out. I think the last RTS I rode in Staten Island was a #9400 on the S74.

- RTSs on the B8 and B35

- Q35 was using Green Lines Orion V's and GMC RTS's (I think)

- Southbound B44s used to stop at New York Ave and Church Ave

- When the Orion VII OG CNG's were brand new to JG

- ZF RTSs at Flatbush Depot

- MCI D4500s on the S79

- Riding 5941 on the Q7 last year

- No bus bays at Kings Plaza

Archived