Photographers and Railfanners Needed!

R160

With the help of Melvin and King Of RedBirds, I am writing a/an informational/factional book on the Broadway line.

The book is currently 30 pages long and is doing pretty well, but I need some help from you guys. I lack good photos of the R46s. If you took (or can take) any pictures of the R46 running on either the (N)(Q)(R)(W) and would like to contribute to the book, please send them to me. Under the photo will be a short caption and your name.

Exmaple:

[PHOTO HERE]

A R46 R train departs 21st-Queensbridge. Photo by Your Name.

I need about 5 or 6 photos, so you can submit more than one!

Also, if you feel you have a really good picture involving the (N)(Q)(R)(W) trains, feel free to send me those as well. I also need a cover picture, so if you have a pic that has a lot of potential, send it to me please!

Thanks to all those who contribute!

A book should have information too. If you want you could also mention the history of the Broadway Line, the Broadway Line as of currently, and the future of the Broadway Line. You should also include information of past, current, and future service patterns and letters on the line, and many other things.

A book should have information too. If you want you could also mention the history of the Broadway Line, the Broadway Line as of currently, and the future of the Broadway Line. You should also include information of past, current, and future service patterns and letters on the line, and many other things.

The first sentence says: "With the help of Melvin and King Of RedBirds, I am writing a/an informational/factional book on the Broadway line."

Here's everything that I plan to have the book include

About the NYC Subway

Past and Present Rolling Stock

Route Information

History of the Broadway Line

History of the Astoria Line

History of the Queens Boulevard Line

History of the Sea Beach Line

History of the Brighton Line

History of the 4th Avenue Line

Abandoned stations

Terminals and Major Complexes

In revenue stations

Lay-ups and Yards

Astoria Construction

Sea Beach Construction

Brighton Beach Construction

Coney Island Project

CBTC along Queens Boulevard

June 2010 Service Changes

If you can think of something else to add to that, let me know.

Have you included information on the Manhattan Bridge shutdown and the effects of it on the Broadway Line.

That's going to be included in the History of the Broadway Line chapter. It will be a little while until I get there though.

Don't know what you think, but this was on the (R).

Consecutive "5's!"

Hm, I think it would be better if it actually showed an (R) train and some track/tunnel. That's kinda difficult because it only runs underground, but hopefully someone has some good photos.

If you contribute a minimum of 2 photos, you get the book for free!

Since very few people are contributing photos, if I find a photo on NYCT, I will PM the photographer and ask for permission to use the photo. However, if you still think you have a few pictures you'd like to submit, please do so.

Forgive me since I don't have any photos for participation, but if I were to read this book and found photos in which a train takes 95% of the frame I'd be pissed. Readers want to see the subway - not just trains. Get some platform, tunnel, structure, etc into the frame. Think as if you're a foreigner interested in seeing the NYC Subway System. Just a suggestion.

Forgive me since I don't have any photos for participation, but if I were to read this book and found photos in which a train takes 95% of the frame I'd be pissed. Readers want to see the subway - not just trains. Get some platform, tunnel, structure, etc into the frame. Think as if you're a foreigner interested in seeing the NYC Subway System. Just a suggestion.

Of course. The photos I've used so far follow that. I'm hoping that the cover photo will be something like the cover photo on Tracks of the NYC Subway 2011. Thanks for the suggestion.

@NY Famous Lover: Those photos look too grainy and dark.

@Matt Train: That looks a little too bright but I might be able to use it if I make it a bit darker.

96153055.jpg

Two from me.

Where did you take this picture? I've decided to use it.

@QSC TMC 295: PM your name if you want it included in the caption.

@SoSpectacular: PM your name if you want it included in the caption.

Archived