Depot of Year : 2011 (Bronx, Brooklyn)

East New York

What are your top 2 favorite/Best depots in each borough?  

1. 1. What are your top 2 favorite/Best depots in each borough?

• *Amsterdam, Bronx (Museum Bus Storage)
    • Eastchester (DOB Storage/Parts Distribution Facility)
    • Gun Hill
    • Kingsbridge
    • *Mother Clara Hale(Closed Pending Rebuild)
    • West Farms (Bronx Division Headquarters)
    • Yonkers
    • East New York, Brooklyn (DOB Headquarters/Base Shops))
    • Flatbush
    • Fresh Pond (Brooklyn Division Headquarters)
    • Grand Avenue (Central Maintenance Facility)
    • Jackie Gleason
    • Spring Creek
    • Ulmer Park

All MTA Bus/New York City Transit depots are included. Vote on your favorite depot. If you would like to post a comment, feel free to do so.

***What are your top 2 favorite/Best depots in each borough?

When considering your favorite depot/the depot you feel is best, consider the following.

Fleet

Maintenance

Routes (total coverage, number of routes, service frequency etc.)

Depot Operations/Efficiency

Personal experience or lack there of with the depot, and it's equipment

This thread is for commenting and voting for Bronx, and Brooklyn depots only.

Click here to vote in another poll for Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island Depots.

Upon completion of this poll, totals will be combined, and the depot of the year for each borough will be announced. At that time, another vote will decide which of the 5 depots will come out on top.

Michael J Quill all the way ....We are talking about a depot that houses Staten Isl. Brooklyn -Eastchester/Yonkers -and College pt units all in 1 .

This Depot has Their own Artics as well so to me having all these buses under 1 roof ,To me this depot is no.1

This Depots Maint. has to be at the top of there game cause if any other buses need help then they are called into service to help.

Eastchester Depot gets my full Respect due to their Maint.

and Storage for buses .Eastchester is very Organized as well and from what I've seen and heard ,Eastchester don't play.

I did not mention my own Depot College Pt due to the way we have our buses always breaking down and our fleet being having those crappy CNG/s and no MCI CT's like Spring Creek and S.I.

College Pt used to have great Equipment ...RTS's MCI Classics -Grummans and to date we aint got shit to show off thats proud ....TRIBORO got better choices

West Farms for me, even tho they don't maintain buses well, I lived by many of the old routes since Manhattan and love them. Plus the RTSs are at this depot till we get new CNGs.

Amsterdam is also a fav, not because of the Museum buses but because it use to house older routes mixed of Manhattan and Bx.

no offense but why not 5 boros??

I think its better to start 2 boros since theres a lot of depot, he may just want to divide and make another for the rest.

This one was the most difficult being a brooklyn guy most of my life. I can't truly discuss the bronx so I'll discuss brooklyn. I may biased, but personally, all of the depots in brooklyn are great (except for Fresh Pond in the past two years or so, though its one of my favs). Love ENY, its my favorite since I was kid and the depot/buses are great (so are the routes which I've ridden them all). Spring Creek and Ulmer Park are solid and the Grand Avenue has done a excellent job with the buses since its opening. But I got my money on Flatbush and Jackie Gleason.

I'm a little shocked at your choices////well Flatbush I figured

Well, this poll was about Bronx & Brooklyn, so I voted for them two :P

no offense but why not 5 boros??

To reduce the clutter and the x amount of choices I believe, there would be too many choices.

I voted Flatbush and Spring Creek.

Flatbush buses are well maintained... buses run great, clean, A/C works etc.

It was hard for me to choose between Gleason and Spring Creek... but I went with the latter, as I never been on a bad SC bus. I've been on Gleason buses that have no takeoff whatsoever (COUGH581-610COUGH), A/C flat out doesn't work<<< This only happened to me once. Other than that Gleason's buses are damn near flawless IMO. I still hate the B8 though lol.

@KR What's so bad about the V CNGS?? Lots of busfans like em but the drivers hate em. My only complaint about CPT is that every time I take the Q38, I miss the bus by like one minute and I have to wait 45 mins for the next one during Friday night rush hour and watch 9 q38 buses pass by going the opposite way. This always happens to me for some reason.

@KR What's so bad about the V CNGS?? Lots of busfans like em but the drivers hate em. My only complaint about CPT is that every time I take the Q38, I miss the bus by like one minute and I have to wait 45 mins for the next one during Friday night rush hour and watch 9 q38 buses pass by going the opposite way. This always happens to me for some reason.

Busfans like them for the sound effects....unlike busfans, bus DRIVERS got REAL reasons to dislike the V CNGs!

because I've driven them for 10 years and I cant stand these buses....is that good and FRANK enough for ya?

RTS's that we had handled better then these shitcans

Ahhh I see nothing specific, all around sucky-ness from a driver standpoint. But now you drive MCIs! :cool:

Ahhh I see nothing specific, all around sucky-ness from a driver standpoint. But now you drive MCIs! :cool:

From time to time A CNG for O/T but I'm not gonna discuss my Schedule with you and from a Bus ops POV is the best POV cuz your the Capt. of the ship ,Not to mention ,They are always breaking down always....Casey's Orion 6xxx 6xx are better then our newer fleet isnt that sad

From time to time A CNG for O/T but I'm not gonna discuss my Schedule with you and from a Bus ops POV is the best POV cuz your the Capt. of the ship ,Not to mention ,They are always breaking down always....Casey's Orion 6xxx 6xx are better then our newer fleet isnt that sad

hahaha. People would be stalking you if you did post that :P. And yeah that is sad if those CS Orions are doing better. How does your CNGs compared to that Bee Line 05s in breakdowns?

Flatbush - home to most of the bus routes I ride. Love the RTSs there, still wished the ZF engine ones were still there.

Jackie Gleason, well tough call. I generally hate the O7 CNGs, but love the C40lfs. Also I ride the B9 and time to time the B11 the most.

Ulmer gets a nod for their Novas, but the general condition of their RTS fleet compared to Flatbush puts it low on my list. I just hope that with the Nova LFSs, the rest of the RTSs will get better treatment.

hahaha. People would be stalking you if you did post that :P. And yeah that is sad if those CS Orions are doing better. How does your CNGs compared to that Bee Line 05s in breakdowns?

you got a point but someone that knows the ex bee line buses better then me can answer this question K so I'm out

Archived