Updating Announcements

Rell

Just questioning why it seems so much harder to circulate new programming (i.e. new stop announcement, new destination wording, etc.) on IRT than B div.

For example, many of the (6) trains still say Morrison - Sound View Av when arriving (noting that the new announcement came around 2009) yet most (E)/(M) trains, if not all, already say Court Square - 23 St?

& The (5) downtown trains -- some say Bronx/Lex Av Exp. and some have them on different frames, noting that all of the ones I am referring to were the same (meaning it wasn't a difference in whether the train was local/express in the Bx).

the swatch set still has the pre June-27 announcements...

..."This is: 14 Street-Union Square. Transfer is available to the (4)(5)(L)(N)(Q)(R) and (W) trains..."

Hey!!! Shhhh....I noticed that when I was on it this weekend.lol

Yea of course every NTT won't have updated announcements b\c they don't remain in the same consist if they did it'd be easier.I'm obviously saying they won't get updated but people forget.But its not much of a big deal.

Old announcement: "This is Morrison-Sound View Avs"

New announcement:"This is Morrison Ave-Soundview" this version sounds weird though lol I prefer the old announcement much sexier.

It seems like they wait for a few changes to go into effect like long-term G.O.s, reroutes, etc. For awhile the (F) was mentioning the (V) northbound at 2 Ave and the same for the late night, northbound (N)s at Whitehall Street. Many times, like with the Culver Line Church Ave to 7 Ave express it seems they just plugged in a new reroute to select, #104, but didn't take any train through a dry run because the station has to be re-synchronized at 7 Ave or no announcement will be made once the doors open.

Hey!!! Shhhh....I noticed that when I was on it this weekend.lol

Yea of course every NTT won't have updated announcements b\c they don't remain in the same consist if they did it'd be easier.I'm obviously saying they won't get updated but people forget.But its not much of a big deal.

Old announcement: "This is Morrison-Sound View Avs"

New announcement:"This is Morrison Ave-Soundview" this version sounds weird though lol I prefer the old announcement much sexier.

It doesn't sound right in comparison to the other IRT Pelham (6) announcements.

It seems like they wait for a few changes to go into effect like long-term G.O.s, reroutes, etc. For awhile the (F) was mentioning the (V) northbound at 2 Ave and the same for the late night, northbound (N)s at Whitehall Street. Many times, like with the Culver Line Church Ave to 7 Ave express it seems they just plugged in a new reroute to select, #104, but didn't take any train through a dry run because the station has to be re-synchronized at 7 Ave or no announcement will be made once the doors open.

How exactly does that re-syncronization system work? Do you need to punch in the station name on the C/R display when you get into the station? Is there a full list of stations to choose from to synchronize with?

Some times I catch thoses trains they say

This is 59th Street Transfer is available to the (4)(5)(F)(N)(R) and (W) Trains

This is 14th Street-Union Square Transfer is available to the (4)(5)(L)(N)(Q)(R) and (W) trains.

This is Bleecker Street Transfer is Available to the (B)(D)(F) and (V) Trains

This is Canal Street Transfer Is available to the (J)(Mx)(N)(Q)(R)(W) and (Z) trains.

This is Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall Transfer is available to the (4)(5)(J)(Mx) and (Z) trains. They do that on the cars I take.

Archived