Has anyone ever gotten yelled at while recording?

Did anyone attempt to film out the front of a bus? I want to do this on M15SBS, but I'm afraid the driver will yell at me for recording continuously.

lol... I've taken photos on trains while traveling in Italy. Of course the ticket controllers had already come by well before then. :)

Has anyone ever gotten yelled at by train operators, conductors, or transit cops while recording or after recording? I have.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sovetskii52#p/search/1/liYGqxRKXjA

I did, but not as harshly.

Lol. Harshly? The operator blew a friendly horn. All he said was "Yo, Yo!" I remember when a (J) t/o got my attention just as this m/m tried. He just asked if I was a railfan and how cool it was to see a teen interested in transit.

That operator seemed friendly not mad. I got yelled at once by a t/o in the subway (RR is a different story) but almost every expierience in the subway, railfanning, I get a positive response like the other day with the R68 G train. The storm doors were unlocked so I told the T/o and he was messing around with me, speaking in transit jargon. He said he was gonna call me in for putting the train in service with unlocked doors lol. So he thanked me and locked the doors. So then I photo the end car by the crew room at Court Sq, me and redbirdfan33 get approached by an M/M asking if we're buffs and we talk trains with him awhile.

I got stopped by NYPD during old (J) G.O. to Hewes St (when Marcy Av was closed.

I also got yelled by straphanger at Hub when I was doing coverage of affected Bx55 bus before service cut.

On New Year's eve, I got yelled by straphanger at Lex Av-53rd St for taking pic and there were tourist also taking picture in subway as well.

I even got stopped by Bronx Science School Safety guards for taking picture when I was during coverage for affected Bx26/Bx28/X32 and they say, "it's privacy."

Lets see

Ive gotten yelled at at Bethpage and Valley Stream LIRR statons, once by MTA PD and the other by a conductor. At Bethpage i just put my camera away cuz I was trying to make the greenport train and didnt have time to argue with the 'cop'. At Valley it was just some nosey conductor and i let my friend who was with me do the talking.

Ive gotten stopped in Grand Central too for taking photos.

It comes with the territory, youre gunna get strange looks from people who dont understand and on the occasion you get stopped by police or MTA employees. Its even worse now with all the extra security crap going on

I was in London recently and I was stopped by an plainclothes warrant officer at Baker Street, filming a departing 1972 stock train. He asked to see footage and took down my identification and personal details. I wasn't charged or fined, merely cautioned.

I've been told off but not while recording...

Been told off by c/r's, "reported to police" and even cursed out by angry t/o's, yelled at and investigated by police and by Metro North people...

Just deal with it, it's the life of a photographer. Make them go away as quickly and quietly as you can, even if it means you feeling defeated atm. In the end know that YOU are doing nothing wrong by photographing the trains and buses, and if things ever go too much out of hand you can make a big stink out of it too afterwards.

South Ferry. I was taking photos and I got a harsh voice scream at me "Can you speak English?" It was the T/O of the (1) train warning me that photography was not allowed.

Too bad I didn't know better and left, and now the station is closed.

On the other hand, I was at Newark Penn and an Amtrak engineer got out and offered to take a quick picture of me standing in front of the AEM7.

I was taking pics of an ex-Bee Line Orion V on the Q29 near Queens Center Mall when the B/O opened the door and made a snide @ss remark. The other day, I was in Bayside taking QM2a pics when the B/O made a gesture with her hand. I've also gotten weird looks from passengers. They think we're either terrorists or weirdos with Aspergers syndrome. It goes with the territory. The Boston MBTA is more liberal with photography. They even have signs saying it's ok to take pics as long as you don't go into restricted areas or block the platforms.

They think we're either terrorists or weirdos with Aspergers syndrome.

Uh, dude, there really IS people in this transit hobby with Aspergers syndrome, a few that post here :P. That was a stupid statement, the whole weirdo thing was uncalled for man.

I was taking pics of an ex-Bee Line Orion V on the Q29 near Queens Center Mall when the B/O opened the door and made a snide @ss remark. The other day, I was in Bayside taking QM2a pics when the B/O made a gesture with her hand. I've also gotten weird looks from passengers. They think we're either terrorists or weirdos with Aspergers syndrome. It goes with the territory. The Boston MBTA is more liberal with photography. They even have signs saying it's ok to take pics as long as you don't go into restricted areas or block the platforms.

so theyre more accepting on teh MBTA system?

Archived