NJ Transit's First Low Floor Buses: The NABI 31LFW, Due to Arrive to a Low Ridership Route Near You!

D.J.

Personally, I do not. I don't know who he is, yet I checked on LinkedIn.com, a website where professionals link up and meet. This might be him since he works at NJT, but again, it MIGHT.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/scott-zucker/3/b98/9bb

Hope that helps.

Yup its him he asked for me to email him transit proposals for NJT after I spoke at a meeting in 2010 about the cuts. However they ended up being very minor without my influence. I submitted a southern and central plan however I modded them since to make better connections with other routes and restructure lines to eliminate backtracking on rtes like 451 and 459. I can give an example and sample. But I intend on converting most 5xx series lines into regionals and making wilmington a new hub. The summary of it takes 8xx series lines and merges them to be restructured into long distance lines being converged at a single point into current major rtes it relies hevily on the garden state parkway and creating connections with other rtes. However my plan will eliminate most county suttles that dont link up with rail stations. Example: if implemented then all oceanride routes are replaced by NJT lines that will be extended like 139 splitting in two variants south of lakewood one will eat the toms river connection upto toms river via lavalette then replace OC7 partially. the other goes via whiting then to lacey eating a piece of OC5 hitting GSP to replace long beach bus with frequent service but off season service level will be reduced. Another rte however will help out as well PM for details

Again I havent worked the locals since I learned the route on them but when I was in that process the crowds was annoying and a small bus is not logical for the heart of AC. I thought the 30ft bus was getting wiped out after the Nabi 416s came

In shorter terms NJT has the fail award of the year. I

NJ Transit has been failing since 1980, they retire buses and trains who are nowhere near their time. Even rode a MTA Express bus and feel like it's faster then a NJT bus? I feel like that. Another good example is the NABIs in Bergen Area. Their acceleration is half of the Bee-Line NABIs.

interesting what 700 series routes have the highest ridership???

You'd have to look at that yourself. I know personally when I lived in Paterson that the 770, 712, 704, 703, 746, and 748 is very busy.

704, 12, and 48 are very busy with trips to and from Willowbrook, with 712 taking people from Hackensack, Elmwood Park, Paterson, Totowa, and other places to Downtown Paterson, the malls, etc.

704 is busy for the college crowd and the mass of people that live in the Paterson Riverside as it's the only bus that services that area.

770 is very popular for service to the Garden State Plaza, Stores on Route 4 (K-Mart, Pathmark, etc), and Hackensack

703 is the main line that goes from Haledon to East Rutherford/Meadowlands with people getting off at Carlsdat, Clifton, Passaic, etc.

746, the times I was on it, is very busy as a Paterson City Hall to Ridgewood trip via Madison Avenue, which is always busy the times I was on it.

I forgot the 744 for service to Wayne Hills Mall, which is another popular service down to Haledon and Prospect Park

NJ Transit has been failing since 1980, they retire buses and trains who are nowhere near their time. Even rode a MTA Express bus and feel like it's faster then a NJT bus? I feel like that. Another good example is the NABIs in Bergen Area. Their acceleration is half of the Bee-Line NABIs.

Remember that NJT had very tight reigns on its ordered units, they are not the same, they ride & handle slightly differently than units ordered by other agencies. Also, how many does BL have? Guessing a lot less, so they can afford to beat on them because the repair shops have fewer overall busses to contend with. Also, the streets in NJ have been horrible for several years now, so you're not going to get a driver all gung-ho if there's some massive chasm every 5 feet (which there are in lots of places). I believe the transmissions may be different, but i'm not sure about that i have not compared spec sheets.

These low floor busses will be put to good use. You really think bus ops is going to jerk around with its funding for new orders & how it plans to use new units on whichever routes with service cut happy krispy kreme in office?

As for retiring early, do you mean retire before they get like the metro D's? The NABI 416 order is HUGE for njt, it brings the average fleet age way, way down. They didn't order them with transit fans in mind, they ordered them with crumbling roads & funding cuts in mind.

I know some of the bus drivers may have their doubts, but i say give it a chance, they aren't even in testing on those routes yet!!!

Simply put there's more at play here than meets the eye, NJT is doing its best. Give them a break... they are not far past the biggest funding cut in recent history.

- A

I thought the 30ft bus was getting wiped out after the Nabi 416s came

39 < 80

I'm pretty sure that since they're only getting 39, a good number of 30 foot buses are getting phased out by 416s.

Archived