Did you fail the boss exam

RTS4Life

i was suppose to let him know that i saw the hazard.my instructor took it as i didnt do a full scan.i saw the hazard i was clear way before the guy came up but my instructor was talking to another student on the bus i think i got to lax and it was a dumb error on me.you cant get lax are get tunnel vision because in a half a second that 40,000 lb monster(bus) can kill some1. ive learned its a process sometimes the day of extra training is good.we pick depots by our list # not who gets out of training 1st.i feel good that i can get out in 7 because i know i can handle the bus but its in my instructors hands.Next week is game time where going to manhattan where its busy.Everything we did this week has to elevate to a higher level time to show up,i feel ready! this whole weekend iam in my student manual and mentally working on my weak points.I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED BRO

Ok ok that's good keep up the good work, I think your going to do fine on day 7 and plz keep me posted and also give me all the pointers on what and what not to do so when I get to class I'm ready and prepared for it bro.:tup:

You guys will do OK. Just make sure on days 5 and 6 in Manhattan that u cover that right especially on left turns, cars love to sneak through but not too close b/c someone always opens that car door w/o looking. There is 1 tough left turn coming out of the Central Park Transverse at 81st street on the west side, give urself a little room and use that pivot point b4 u start ur turn or u will hit the little island. The acute turn at Union Sq and another pivot left on Park ave. South are difficult turns on day 6. Just be aware of these and always scan the mirrors and u should be fine. I hit the curb on both days, sometimes u forget that ur driving a 40 ft bus when making these turns.

Hey Guys,

Just keep your head up and when you see someone crossing just stop don't move look 2 blocks away and call out everything you see around. Always look in your mirrors 1,2,3 and lean into your left mirror before you pull out. also scan the windows. take your time and stop before the stop sign. when you get into the city on Park Ave will be islands in the 70's you will be making a left and right turn. The tip is stay about 2-4ft way from the island and watch your rear wheel has to pass the end of the island before you make the full turn or you will jump it. on 14th st you have to do a short turn. and near the FDR drive near the projects you will need to ride the wall to make the right turn.GOOD LUCK TO ALL

:P

I have a few friends that fail the boss exam 2901. I didn't know you could fail it. please let us know if you did or how long did it take to get your passing letter. because If I remember it took about 4-6 weeks to get it. I just wanted to know if this is true since it was about 5 of them. Thanks;)

That,s what I thought but this makes me wonder? What I thought could happen did happen as I posted here once on the 2nd BOSS exam. Received notice on MABOSTA 2901 that reads that we are unable to offer you the position of Bus Operator at this time due to my responses to the BOSS. Now I felt I answered the questions honestly as best I could and realized that you have to pay attention because they are the same questions worded differently to catch your responses. I remember the same questions and answered the same on the 8006 BOSS 2 years ago and as I never receive a notice on BOSS from that exam (I do not believe anyone on 8006 receive a notice)I did receive a letter to come in for drug and interview and as posted on another thread currently had to get reinstated to the list because of no current vacancies. All said I assumed I passed that BOSS exam. My MABOSTA list# was very high so they said they will not be hiring to 2012 and with my # looks like a few more years that why I looking to 8006 which I will stay on top.

so what happened that made ur instructor send u for more training? u must have hit a curb or 2 or drove in a matter that caused him to make u go to day 8 and 9 and if not why not give u a shot at qualifying tomorrow.

so what happened that made ur instructor send u for more training? u must have hit a curb or 2 or drove in a matter that caused him to make u go to day 8 and 9 and if not why not give u a shot at qualifying tomorrow.

the instructor said he feels like only 1 guy out of the bunch is good enough to go through to day 7.iam down but i know i will qualify by day 9.i really feel like i need to grow and hopefully another instructor will see that iam a good driver.i could really bitch and complain but iam gonna man up and make it happen!!!i need and want this job!!!

no i aced my turns!!!!

well thats the way to look at it. I had to qualify on day 9 also and I used the xtra days to get sharper and qualified with no problem, I'm sure u will also.

Wassup JayDubs?, I see you flying your depot flag and got your title under your name now as well.

the instructor said he feels like only 1 guy out of the bunch is good enough to go through to day 7.iam down but i know i will qualify by day 9.i really feel like i need to grow and hopefully another instructor will see that iam a good driver.i could really bitch and complain but iam gonna man up and make it happen!!!i need and want this job!!!

Yo must've did something on day 5 for him not to pass you, they won't fail you for no reason. Take it as a motivational tool to pass day 9. These instructors are looking for safety, so think safe

day 6 i was informed that i need more training i feel hurt because i drove the hell out of that bus!!!!i guess i have to regroup and get ready to try again on day 8&9

Hey tim what's going on, so what happen did they tell you why you can't qualify on day 7, and how much time did you hit the curbs. Now I'm getting nervous, my time starts on monday lol. Give me some pointers on what to do and not, cause maybe I have some bad habits that's coming out from ct transit.B)

well thats the way to look at it. I had to qualify on day 9 also and I used the xtra days to get sharper and qualified with no problem, I'm sure u will also.

Hey jay give me some pointers my time is on monday, I know I might have some bad habits from ct transit. So I need some pointers cause I aint trying to mess this up man lol.

:cool:

Hey jay give me some pointers my time is on monday, I know I might have some bad habits from ct transit. So I need some pointers cause I aint trying to mess this up man lol.

TRANSITBX dont get nervious you'll be ok.i really believe its a learning experience for me.the extra training going to make me sharper.i truly believe i aced it but my instructer didnt see that.its not hard at all.he said my rightside spacing was off and my fowared planing so now i have to work on that.At first i was down but i cleared my headed and iam ready to do it.pressure bust pipes are make makes diamonds.IAM A DIAMOND AND IAM ABOUT TO SHINE!I thank every1 for the kind words and support i will see you guys on day 9 with the good news.

You are still in the mix, you will pass on day 9(Thursday).:tup:

Is it day 9 or day 10 where they have 2 superintendents on the bus

with you?

day ten is the day u get 2 instructor. Iam feeling I have new tralner and new slate.lam mentally prepared.i leArned a lot about myself

I got my results today. I passed the BOSS exam. The results took two weeks but the day I took the test was a walk in day and there were only about seven people there. How long do I have to wait to go for the drug test? I put down that I will work full or part time. How fast does the process go. Is there a possibility that I will start before the end of the year? . How important is the list number? I have a Class A CDL and about eight months of experience back in 07/08. I drove a yellow taxi on and of for about seven years in Manhattan. Hopefully my knowledge of the city will pay off during training. I have an NJ license. I believe I need to do a road test in a bus here in NJ before I enter training is that correct? They can't give a road test in NY with a NJ license.

Thank You

day ten is the day u get 2 instructor. Iam feeling I have new tralner and new slate.lam mentally prepared.i leArned a lot about myself

That makes a big difference, I had 3 different driving instructors when I was

practicing driving a school bus to get my CDL, and each one of them were different. I am not trying to scare you but they say that the passing rate of those who go to day 10 to qualify is very low(10%). I hope you pass today.

They feel that it shouldn't have to take you to the last day to drive the MTA

way. I have said it before, I think the training is very short and you have to drive in difficult circumstances(Manhattan).

I have a few friends that fail the boss exam 2901. I didn't know you could fail it. please let us know if you did or how long did it take to get your passing letter. because If I remember it took about 4-6 weeks to get it. I just wanted to know if this is true since it was about 5 of them. Thanks;)

Unfortunately, I failed the BOSS. I took the exam on the 17th of March. I thought that they woud at least like to have an honest operator. Some questions were worded differently and had they same idea, but I wish they had actual people to find out why you are thinking the way that you are. I am a bus operater at NJ Transit, but I took this exam because it would be a lot more convenient for me, being that I live in NY. At least at NJ transit, they interview the person they are hiring, due to the crazies. Would I take the survey again? Of course. The MTA is my first love. I will take the fail as a lesson, not a discouragement or disadvantage. I tried Long Island Bus too. I doubt they will be hiring thought because of the Mangano situation. How sad!!!

Archived