Did you fail the boss exam

RTS4Life

Don't give up. I just don't understand what the boss really is they say its an interview. but alot of people fail this year. don't know. Anyone know how Tim is doing.

I'm wondering the same RTS, how is tim doing and also check your mail I was wondering if you can put up some training diagrams. I'm up next starting monday.

Unfortunately, I failed the BOSS. I took the exam on the 17th of March. I thought that they woud at least like to have an honest operator. Some questions were worded differently and had they same idea, but I wish they had actual people to find out why you are thinking the way that you are. I am a bus operater at NJ Transit, but I took this exam because it would be a lot more convenient for me, being that I live in NY. At least at NJ transit, they interview the person they are hiring, due to the crazies. Would I take the survey again? Of course. The MTA is my first love. I will take the fail as a lesson, not a discouragement or disadvantage. I tried Long Island Bus too. I doubt they will be hiring thought because of the Mangano situation. How sad!!!

Yeah you have too say what you are supposed to do not what you do do. Hope that makes sense. If you say what do do and it is not good you will fail. It's a shame but it seems like society today does not reward the truthful. A friend failed last year because he said he was truthful. He passed this year. I passed on my first try but it aint over till it's over. Still gotta pass the training etc.

Yeah you have too say what you are supposed to do not what you do do. Hope that makes sense. If you say what do do and it is not good you will fail. It's a shame but it seems like society today does not reward the truthful. A friend failed last year because he said he was truthful. He passed this year. I passed on my first try but it aint over till it's over. Still gotta pass the training etc.

Yea your right about that one, I failed exam 2801 because I was being truthful until my friend of mine said to give them what they want to hear. So that's what I did this year on exam 2901 which I pass and also go for training on monday at zerega.

Wow, reading these helped me to feel better. When will there be another one? My list number was pretty low too. I would have been training already and ACED it. Oh well, next time. You guys, just take your time and check your mirrors please. They mirrors are your friends and they do help a great deal. Make sure they are set properly, always keep both hands on thet steering wheel. One of my older coworkers at NJ Transit tol me I drive better than the senior guys, LOL. I dunno about that, but I know I would get through the MTA training. They are very strict about that. The best to you both if you do not have bus experience already.

Wow, reading these helped me to feel better. When will there be another one? My list number was pretty low too. I would have been training already and ACED it. Oh well, next time. You guys, just take your time and check your mirrors please. They mirrors are your friends and they do help a great deal. Make sure they are set properly, always keep both hands on thet steering wheel. One of my older coworkers at NJ Transit tol me I drive better than the senior guys, LOL. I dunno about that, but I know I would get through the MTA training. They are very strict about that. The best to you both if you do not have bus experience already.

Hey how is nj transit I was suppose to work for them about 3 and a half years ago but I had got hired for ct transit around that time, what is the starting pay and top pay. And I'm getting ready to leave ct transit cause I start training for mta on monday.

It is kool. The benefits are close to MTA's. They only bad thing about NJ Transit is that everyone starts out part-time. I live in Amityville, Long Island, so it is hard for me to commute from here to NJ. This is why I really wanted to pass the BOSS. That and I want to drive an Orion VII again so badly, LOL. I drove one of those buses for Hampton Jitney, but it was a diesel version, not a CNG or an electric. We have all MCI's in my garage in Oradell, NJ. I love it, but I just hate going through the part-time thing and your record has to be squeaky clean before you rech your 520 hrs. That means no accidents, no misses, no passenger compliants, etc. I am going to be in the bus Roadeo this year, that's for sure.

Oh and I forgot to mention the salaries. The starting pay is $15.07 and the top pay is a lil over $27.00 p/h.

Yea I understand where your coming from as far as commute, cause I live in the bronx and I have to travel to the city of stamford which is only about a half hour without traffic off the I 95. In ct transit we drive new flyers, mci for the express routes, novas, and 60ft artics 2010. The pay is 18 95 and top pay is 25 43 after three yours.

Yea I understand where your coming from as far as commute, cause I live in the bronx and I have to travel to the city of stamford which is only about a half hour without traffic off the I 95. In ct transit we drive new flyers, mci for the express routes, novas, and 60ft artics 2010. The pay is 18 95 and top pay is 25 43 after three yours.

What union do you guys have?

Yea your right about that one, I failed exam 2801 because I was being truthful until my friend of mine said to give them what they want to hear. So that's what I did this year on exam 2901 which I pass and also go for training on monday at zerega.

Excuse me but I'm trying to figure out what is zerega? Is that the place where the training begins? My list number is in the mid 4,000s. How long until I get called? I just got my results last week. How long do it take you transit bx?

Thanks

Excuse me but I'm trying to figure out what is zerega? Is that the place where the training begins? My list number is in the mid 4,000s. How long until I get called? I just got my results last week. How long do it take you transit bx?

Thanks

Yes Zerega is the (MTA)'s B/O training facility in the bronx on zerega avenue. And with a list number in 4000's it may be quite a while before you hear anything from transit. They aren't doing anymore hiring for MABSTOA this year, they won't be hiring til next year. But they are offering some people jobs at (MTA) Bus company, or part time @ MABSTOA, with the incentive to be first called for full-time once they start hiring next year. And List #8006 has been frozen @ list number 461 for the time being. Well the good thing with O/C exams and the B/O exams in general, not everyone get's thru pre-employment or qualifies by Day 7-10. So you having a list # in the 4000's may not have you waiting too long, but I would say expect at least a 2 year wait to hear anything from (MTA). I say go on with your life and maybe take another (MTA) exam or other civil service exams in the mean time.

With a list number in the #4,000's he is on one of the Mabstoa lists

as the 8006 list only has 3,758 people on it. The B/O lists are short

and do move fast when they are hiring. They will get to you eventually.

transit bx: good luck tomorrow as you begin training. Just relax and take

it one step at a time. Forget that you ever drove a bus before at CTTransit.

Thanks

Hey I took the exam back on 2/1/11, I got my results back within 3 weeks, about 2 weeks later I got my appointment to come in for a B/O on 3/8/2011 for. My drug test. Long story short I had to take a second drug test which was on 5/2/2011 because at the time they did not have anymore vacancies. Four days later I got the call to take the medical which was on 5/10, once everything cleared for my medical background ect, my start date is 5/23 which in tomorrow. Oh yea my list number was #15 from exam 2901 that's why I got called real fast. But like will said just go on with your life they will get to you.

With a list number in the #4,000's he is on one of the Mabstoa lists

as the 8006 list only has 3,758 people on it. The B/O lists are short

and do move fast when they are hiring. They will get to you eventually.

transit bx: good luck tomorrow as you begin training. Just relax and take

it one step at a time. Forget that you ever drove a bus before at CTTransit.

Hey loco thanks bro, I'm going to keep my mouth shut listen to my trainer and just show my skills from CTTransit without the cockyness lol. I'm going to take it real slow and show them I can drive the way MTA wants me too. Also have anyone hear from TIM66, I wanted to know if he got pass zerega on day 9 or 10 I hope he made it..:tup:

Hey I took the exam back on 2/1/11, I got my results back within 3 weeks, about 2 weeks later I got my appointment to come in for a B/O on 3/8/2011 for. My drug test. Long story short I had to take a second drug test which was on 5/2/2011 because at the time they did not have anymore vacancies. Four days later I got the call to take the medical which was on 5/10, once everything cleared for my medical background ect, my start date is 5/23 which in tomorrow. Oh yea my list number was #15 from exam 2901 that's why I got called real fast. But like will said just go on with your life they will get to you.

I have a NJ license with a Class A. Should I get my Passenger Endorsement now or should I way until they call me for a drug test or something? I have to take another road test in NJ to get the bus license.

Thanks

Hey loco thanks bro, I'm going to keep my mouth shut listen to my trainer and just show my skills from CTTransit without the cockyness lol. I'm going to take it real slow and show them I can drive the way MTA wants me too. Also have anyone hear from TIM66, I wanted to know if he got pass zerega on day 9 or 10 I hope he made it..:tup:

Sometimes after people qualify they stop posting on here. I sure hope that

was the case with TIM66. If you fail, there is a 3 yr minimum waiting period.

Tough part is that to qualify you have to be able to drive the bus in the city.

Most of us have no intention of ever driving a bus in the city, they make the rules, so we have no choice.

I guarantee you that if they extended the training to 15 days that more people will pass.

You really don't get to drive into the city until day 5, and just for 1hr&1/2-2 hrs per day.

Sometimes after people qualify they stop posting on here. I sure hope that

was the case with TIM66. If you fail, there is a 3 yr minimum waiting period.

Tough part is that to qualify you have to be able to drive the bus in the city.

Most of us have no intention of ever driving a bus in the city, they make the rules, so we have no choice.

I guarantee you that if they extended the training to 15 days that more people will pass.

You really don't get to drive into the city until day 5, and just for 1hr&1/2-2 hrs per day.

Well your rite about the training should be at least 15 days, but before I work for cttransit, I was working for coach usa rockland depot, so I was in and out of the Lincoln and holland tunnel all the time for about a year before I went to work for cttransit. So I should be ok once tomorrow comes.

I believe they make you drive through the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel with the

MCI's, but that is after you qualify. You should be ok, it's understandable to be a little nervous because you don't know what to expect. Let the others go before you so you have extra time to prepare and be ready.

I hope the weather holds up, little or no rain. I remember when they were

having classes over the winter with so much snow and ice. Has to be easier

driving during the spring/summer.

I believe they make you drive through the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel with the

MCI's, but that is after you qualify. You should be ok, it's understandable to be a little nervous because you don't know what to expect. Let the others go before you so you have extra time to prepare and be ready.

I hope the weather holds up, little or no rain. I remember when they were

having classes over the winter with so much snow and ice. Has to be easier

driving during the spring/summer.

well if the weather don't hold up, ill still be ready to go, which I'm going to take it nice and slow. I'm going to keep my mouth shut and learn. How hard is the turns they have you doing? And also that's a good idea to let the others go so I can have a idea on how they want me to drive that bus.

I wouldn't know, but from what I have read on here they make you do all

kinds of tight turns. I think that has to be the biggest reason why people

don't qualify. But you have to tell your trainer if you think you can't make the turn, better then scraping a parked car or hitting a pole or something.

Archived