Newbie to Transit Forum

bravo659

Hi my name is Desi Bravo and reside at Nassau County of NYS. I am delighted being here and see plenty of people sharing their own experiences in the transit system and others that are eager as myself to be part of the transit system. However, I have taken exams to no avail. Never had the opportunity to learn more about the transit system in order to pass the exams with high scores. So far, the highest i received in three of transit exams is a 90 to the Conductor exam which was frozen and terminated a few years ago. I received a 86.25 in the train operator exam, i know I will have no chance in getting hired with that score.

-Desi:cool:

Hi my name is Chris Schmidt and reside at Lehigh County in Pennsylvaina. I am delighted being here and see plenty of people sharing and enjoying some of the the paper bus models I have created. I like the opportunity to learn more about transit systems all over the U.S and Canada in order to know how to get around better or just learn the history about it.

Hi my name is Chris Schmidt and reside at Lehigh County in Pennsylvaina. I am delighted being here and see plenty of people sharing and enjoying some of the the paper bus models I have created. I like the opportunity to learn more about transit systems all over the U.S and Canada in order to know how to get around better or just learn the history about it.

Welcome to New York City Transit Forums Chris....pls enjoy your stay on here!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I'm a social science teacher. I'd like to learn more about the costs and energy efficiency of public transit like busses and trains. There is a city bus system where I live but no intercity busses or trains (Florida). There was a rail-system initiative, I think, but it got scrapped because of the cost. I don't get what makes public transit so expensive. You would think it would cost a lot less than driving if lots of people use it.

Archived