Is there any transit system on the east coast that still has older buses in service?

are you kidding me those are school bus chassis

Yup. They are used in my neck of the woods on routes with lower bus ridership.

Such as the loop D and E between Poughkeepsie and Eastern Ducthess i.e Dover Plains and Wassic. Or on the Route "A" and "B" during the early morning runs.

Such as the loop D and E between Poughkeepsie and Eastern Ducthess i.e Dover Plains and Wassic. Or on the Route "A" and "B" during the early morning runs.

still not real buses lol they should at least use Easy Rider II's

still not real buses lol they should at least use Easy Rider II's

speaking of old buses do not the TTC Joe 'retire' the last big city transit system to use 'fishbowls?" I saw a model from about 1988-'90 still running when I was in Toronto in 2007.

San Diego ran 'fishbowls' till about 1999-2000.

speaking of old buses do not the TTC Joe 'retire' the last big city transit system to use 'fishbowls?" I saw a model from about 1988-'90 still running when I was in Toronto in 2007.

San Diego ran 'fishbowls' till about 1999-2000.

Last fishbowl was made in 1987. Toronto is down to less then 30 active fishbowls and calgary also has a fleet left but should be done by next year (same year as TTC's)

TTC still has a couple of dozen New Look buses in service, but they are not long for this world.

TCAT in Ithaca still operates Orion I's, but they will be gone by the end of the year when new Gilligs and Orions arrive.

If you come up to Ontario , St Catherines still has one Orion I in service and so does Brampton Transit (I think they still have a couple)

Ha pathetic dutchess county is the WORST bus system I have tried to use!!!!!! the loop E should become intercity into danbury while Loop D becomes merged with shortline's middletown to newburgh run evolving into an intercity line that can reach a great berkshire bus. The funny thing is buses up there run better than in dutchess!!!!!!! The hudsonvalley dutchess part of my plan is tied to my CT state plan. The rest takes away crap and cuts to the point. poughkeepsie city bus shouldn't even bother running they need to just power up all county runs by the way I read that they want to add a 199 bus.

• 3 months later...

Archived