New LIRR Timetables In Effect Monday, May 16

East New York

Spring-Summer Maintenance Work Results in Off-Peak Schedule Changes on Main Line, Far Rock, Port Wash, Babylon, Hempstead, Long Beach & Oyster Bay Branches

(MTA) - New Long Island Rail Road timetables take effect Monday, May 16 continuing through September 11 and bringing with it schedule adjustments on a number of branches as the Railroad's annual warm weather maintenance program moves into high gear.

As always, the bulk of the work is scheduled for off-peak periods, such as midday during the week and on weekends, to minimize the impact on most LIRR customers who used the Railroad to get to work in the morning and back home at night.

This spring and summer, those projects include the installation of new railroad ties on the Main Line and Far Rockaway branches, the replacement of third rail and the painting of a bridge on the Port Washington branch, the resurfacing of switches on the Main Line and Atlantic branches and the installation new running rail on the Babylon branch.

See complete details here.

We'll see what happens on Monday. I always thought it was easier to do late night work on the LIRR than it is on the subway because trains don't come as often, but there are less switches...

These schedule changes aren't that bad. There's absolutely no mention of the new Riverhead train (and the Belmont link is wrong, it goes to the current TT).

Bad news for Amityville, Lindenhurst, Copaigue customers who got back half-hourly weekend service after 3 years only to lose half-hourly midday service.

• 2 weeks later...
Spring-Summer Maintenance Work Results in Off-Peak Schedule Changes on Main Line, Far Rock, Port Wash, Babylon, Hempstead, Long Beach & Oyster Bay Branches

See complete details here.

Yeah, I noticed that recently I took LIRR in Brooklyn, we single tracked along the Atlantic Av section....

Archived