Question about the N

j express

Well its the weekend for one and traffic doesn't get clogged up on the way down, so it shouldn't be needed. On top of that, if the (N) went down the express tracks, it would be slow nonetheless because of the workers on the Manhattan bound tracks.

Why can't the (N) run express on the West End Line if there is work being done on the Sea Beach Line on the Weekend?

Well its the weekend for one and traffic doesn't get clogged up on the way down, so it shouldn't be needed. On top of that, if the (N) went down the express tracks, it would be slow nonetheless because of the workers on the Manhattan bound tracks.

Yeah what he said ^ ^

It's because work trains use the express track to travel along the west end when there is work being done because the local track is Not in service!

I don't think the (N) ever ran express via the West End (D) line on a weekend at all, like what others said it wouldn't make sense anyways. In fact I think it helps out the (D) riders to have extra trains go along the West End Line and the (N) takes some load of the (D).

I don't think the (N) ever ran express via the West End (D) line on a weekend at all, like what others said it wouldn't make sense anyways. In fact I think it helps out the (D) riders to have extra trains go along the West End Line and the (N) takes some load of the (D).

They have ran exp on several weekends, these recordings were taken on the same weekend as the D to West 4th

I have been today on both lines, Not railfanning.

On Sea Beach they are installing new C.I. bound tracks, and on the West End they are installing yellow anti-slippery panels @ 18th ave, and pouring concrete @ Bay Parkway both Manhattan bound.

As people said, there is a locomotive at Bay parkway on the express tracks.

BTW first time I ever saw r160 (D)

yea it did. lots of times. recent no because of the work thats being done on the (D) West End Line, but there were lots of times ive taken the (N) running on the (D) line using the express tracks.

Same with (D) trains running on the (N) line where they used the express track a couple of times. now it just makes all (N) stops when its being rerouted.

Archived