LI Bus to Adelphi University

ctrabs74

Nassau bus experts: What'sthe nearest LI Bus route that serves Adelphi University in Garden City? MTA web site isn't too helpful and I figured I'd ask because I'd trust the Nassau natives on this board more than I trust MTA...

Sadly, that part of Nassau is one of the large swaths of hte county that has no bus service. Probably due to the uptight stuck-up NIMBYs that populate the entire town. Best you can do is take the LIRR Hempstead Branch to Nassau Boulevard and hail a taxi or be prepared for at least a ten minute walk at best, if the weather's nice. The only non-junior colleges that have bus service are Molloy (N16 to Baldwin only, no short runs), NYiT, CW Post and SUNY Old Westbury (all served by the N20) and SUNY Farmingdale (N70, and that comes once an hour).

According to Google Transit, Adelphi University is about a 15 minute walk from the Garden City station on the LIRR Hempstead Branch.

The college is about a 25 minute walk from Hempstead Turnpike/New York Avenue on the N6 bus.

As Yuki said, the college does offer transportation to bus and rail stations in the area. Here is the schedule: http://administration.adelphi.edu/publicsafety/traffic/revised051311.pdf

Here is the list of shuttle bus stops: http://administration.adelphi.edu/publicsafety/traffic/campus_transportation.php

Nassau bus experts: What'sthe nearest LI Bus route that serves Adelphi University in Garden City? MTA web site isn't too helpful and I figured I'd ask because I'd trust the Nassau natives on this board more than I trust MTA...

no need its walking distance from the nassau blvd LIRR. No bus goes there.

One time a while back now looking at the MTA's website for SI they erroneously had the 56 listed as a LTD. Way to go MTA. Their own effing website had dead wrong info about their own route:(

I hope those mistakes don't happen anymore.

Sadly, that part of Nassau is one of the large swaths of hte county that has no bus service. Probably due to the uptight stuck-up NIMBYs that populate the entire town. Best you can do is take the LIRR Hempstead Branch to Nassau Boulevard and hail a taxi or be prepared for at least a ten minute walk at best, if the weather's nice. The only non-junior colleges that have bus service are Molloy (N16 to Baldwin only, no short runs), NYiT, CW Post and SUNY Old Westbury (all served by the N20) and SUNY Farmingdale (N70, and that comes once an hour).

Don't forget Nassau CC and Briarcliffe

"Junior college" is another term for a CC.

Actually most educators now want the public to use the term 'junior' college instead of "CC' for 2-year colleges.

The Community College phrase has some negative sterotype of discos, etc.

Just stating what i read in the papers and on the tv news.

When that Christmas blizzard hit, it referred to the SIR as SIRTOA having "limited service" the day after, which it hadn't done publicly in 17 years...

I did ride the Hempstead Branch in March, Adelphi students do use the Nassau Blvd. station, and I think a station up the line passes by the abandoned St. Paul's School in Garden City.

Archived