Rumor mill

Q101viaSteinway

(MTA) Bus routes can't move to the mainline depots yet. Something about senority and unions and watnot

But once they do become one, I can see that happening along with the (Q67)

lets not forget about the (Q45) then?

When I took QM12 run 1210 recently I had driver who talked about a lot of things with buses. The bus driver say that MTA Bus will be extending the Q18 to Metropolitan Avenue and Fresh Pond Road, truncating some Q102 trips between Roosevelt Island and Queens Plaza and that College Point Depot will be getting the Q39 in the fall and some QM3,QM4, and QM10 trips will be operating out of LaGuardia. Any reaction

Q18: About F%^&*in time!

Q39: Um...really? This ruins the idea of making Queens Plaza 100% LaGuardia Depot. They are still planning on moving the Q66 to LaGuardia so don't count that out yet!

QM3: Out of LaGuardia? That driver should be smacked...HARD!!! Residents along Little Neck Pkwy take pride in that route. A slight "F%^&-up" and they will "F^&* you up" with complaints. Especially after the MTA cut their "LOCAL" route...the Q79.

QM4: Might work with an interline...like the QM10, which would be impossible because that's out of College Point now

QM10: ????? Why give that route up in the first place?

Look, long story short, College Point has more express buses than any other depot in Queens (including NYCTA). I tend to doubt LaGuardia is going to contribute service on those three routes especially when they are keeping FULL service on the QM12, QM24 and QM25.

Yeah, this will stay a rumor unless something happens...like the MTA actually moving ahead with these moves.

great Q39 will go back to cp and CNGs to ridgewood will be cool to ride.

The Q39 never came out of College Point Depot. You must be thinking about the Q38.

Yeah, in case you haven't noticed, the QM3 only has three runs in each direction, and it's non-express section begins way too early in Queens [Theoretically, the first stop in Queens going to Little Neck is 72 St & Northern, but riders will give you the evil eye if you do (I tried it once) and the drivers (I think) don really like it either.] They should make a pure express run all the way to Parsons and Northern Blvd. It serves Northeast Queens, which is desperately short of transit options to Midtown.

I agree! The first and last stop for the QM3 in Queens should be Northern Blvd and Parsons Blvd. Beyond that, take the 7 train!

I made some phone calls about this and all I can say is that driver told you a 100% false story sorry. aint happening. LGA is getting rid of the EXP service.

This guy has thing about celebrity too. I give email address to him and sent me this which I posted

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/gallery/alicia-silverstone-nude/

This driver say that she is one of sexiest jewish girl alive

This driver also believes that Bilderberg group has all power and no government has power over its people and that Bilderberg group directs what all governments do

(MTA) Bus routes can't move to the mainline depots yet. Something about senority and unions and watnot

But once they do become one, I can see that happening along with the Q67

If they were to merge, I think CS should send CP the Q20A/B and maybe the Q44 routes since those are in the CP area. At least CS could take on a route in return to allow for a shorter deadhead.

Today I saw driver and he says there will be overnight service on Q18 and Q69

Again, individual drivers DO NOT decide such things.

When it shows up in the MTA Board book, or in a pick that has been accepted by the union, then there will be something to talk about. Until then, figure that somebody in the crew room is starting rumors just to see how far they'll go.

If they were to merge, I think CS should send CP the Q20A/B and maybe the Q44 routes since those are in the CP area. At least CS could take on a route in return to allow for a shorter deadhead.

That's true but then again, if you take one of them, you gotta take the other since the Q20A/B & Q44 are all interlined with each other. That's a good chunk of buses right there and since CP already has the Q66 with its high demand of buses, its gonna be a tight fit there

The (Q38) and (Q39) should not be at College Pt. Too long deadheads

The Q38 can deadhead from the Rego Park end easily via the Van Wyck...less than 10 minutes. The Q39 is a different story.

However, the Q39 deadheads are to/from from the Ridgewood end.

As for the QM3, with the elimination of the Q79, that is the only route in parts of Douglaston and Deepdale.

Archived