Nova LFS in the Papers!

Dumb4life

Hell, if the Post's dimensions are accurate that is pretty low amount of legroom. Those seats will be great for people traveling with lots of little kids, because they'll fit three to a double seat and have almost no need for legroom, but otherwise there will be problems. Then again, that's why this is a test fleet; there are bound to be small issues with almost any new model when they come into service that will be caught much more quickly with a fleet than with a demo. I don't see what Nova can do about the ceilings, but maybe (MTA) can spec a bit more leg room on further orders. On an unrelated note, this is why I wasn't super pleased when we ordered 800+ NGs right out of the box.

I see These Buses going to MJQ manhattanville and 126th st, they should Have gave all 90 novas to them that would have been better and the New Flyer and Orion VII 3G orders to the 3 selected depots.

I see These Buses going to MJQ manhattanville and 126th st, they should Have gave all 90 novas to them that would have been better and the New Flyer and Orion VII 3G orders to the 3 selected depots.

With these Upper East Side folk? It appears that we have forgotten about the shitstorm they created over the LFS Artics.

I didn't have a problem with the ceiling at the back and i'm over 5 ft. But I wouldn't sit in those 'conversation seats' if someone else is sitting there - not enough leg room b/w me and the other person.

Agreed. And I find it ironic that Staten Islanders didnt raise hell over these buses and their routes get crush loads every day at almost every hour. I had a feeling that the Ulmer Park peeps would be doing the bitching first since these buses will be their newest since the mid-90s.

I believe the TA wanted each builder to have a equal chance of winning the next big order, hence keeping the test fleets going to three depots. As we all know, not all the depots maintain their buses the same and different operating conditions.

As for the article, I noticed that back when UP had 0055....

These people complain as if they're a 7-foot basketball player. I'm just touching six feet (I'm 5'11") and I have no issues with the ceiling in the back of the bus at all.

It's strange, the LFS has been built in the same way for 15 years and I never heard any other city complaining about the rear height. :confused: New Yorkers must be taller than the average Canadian/American! :P

As for the seating plan, I agree that the MTA has made a poor choice. It's bad enough to have those facing seats, the lack of space must be quite uncomfortable. There were other possible layouts that would have been more appropriate.

Ah! I'm beginning to think that every TA that ordered LFSes with the U seating configuration (like STM, for example) did the right choice.

I'm about 5' 11 too and I never had any problems with Mont-Tremblant and RTL buses (3rd gen) that have the same seating arrangement as NY.

Wow already complaining , just shut the hell up it's a bus . They have the lfsa in manhattan and nobody complaining about those . Same height , same everything . They are just making up excuses to get rid of them .

Wow already complaining , just shut the hell up it's a bus . They have the lfsa in manhattan and nobody complaining about those . Same height , same everything . They are just making up excuses to get rid of them .

Maybe in your own world, a SHITLOAD of people complained about them. It's one reason why I rather not see new buses in Manhattan for a while.

It's strange, the LFS has been built in the same way for 15 years and I never heard any other city complaining about the rear height. :confused: New Yorkers must be taller than the average Canadian/American! :P

As for the seating plan, I agree that the MTA has made a poor choice. It's bad enough to have those facing seats, the lack of space must be quite uncomfortable. There were other possible layouts that would have been more appropriate.

The seating plan is Nova exclusive, whether there's an option to have the seats spec'd differently is beyond me

From my experience riding the LFSA, legroom in the back is definitely a bit lacking, which is a fault of the opposite-facing seats. Headroom is less than an O7 but it's not something to complain about though. Leg room, however, I gotta say people have a point.

Thank you. I'm 5'7 and I haven't hit my head on a LFS or a LFSA none of the times I've rode them. This will blow over in a couple of weeks though and they will move on.

well...i'm 6'2 and i ride the LFSA's to work everyday, i have yet to hit my head on the ceiling in the back...And i don't agree with the seating patterns in any of the buses used by the MTA. i personally think that all the buses should have the same kind of seats that are in the 7 train. this will make moving around on a packed bus a lot easier

The funny thing is how people complain that the buses are old and run down but when new ones come they still complain. And they are also comparing low floor to high floor. If they compared LFS to NG's it would make a little more sense.

I didn't have a problem with the ceiling at the back and i'm over 5 ft. But I wouldn't sit in those 'conversation seats' if someone else is sitting there - not enough leg room b/w me and the other person.

The LFSAs seem to have some room, Ive seen people big getting thru there.. The LFS, looks a bit less tho.

As for head room, I dont have a problem with that, Im tall and im not complaining...

Hell, if the Post's dimensions are accurate that is pretty low amount of legroom. Those seats will be great for people traveling with lots of little kids, because they'll fit three to a double seat and have almost no need for legroom, but otherwise there will be problems. Then again, that's why this is a test fleet; there are bound to be small issues with almost any new model when they come into service that will be caught much more quickly with a fleet than with a demo. I don't see what Nova can do about the ceilings, but maybe (MTA) can spec a bit more leg room on further orders. On an unrelated note, this is why I wasn't super pleased when we ordered 800+ NGs right out of the box.

If this is a test fleet, then whats the purpose of ordering a bunch of buses for..? A test fleet would be like 2 to 6 buses. Correct me if im wrong.

The funny thing is how people complain that the buses are old and run down but when new ones come they still complain. And they are also comparing low floor to high floor. If they compared LFS to NG's it would make a little more sense.

Welcome to the real world, where complaining is a national pastime. B)

With these Upper East Side folk? It appears that we have forgotten about the shitstorm they created over the LFS Artics.

Agreed. And I find it ironic that Staten Islanders didnt raise hell over these buses and their routes get crush loads every day at almost every hour. I had a feeling that the Ulmer Park peeps would be doing the bitching first since these buses will be their newest since the mid-90s.

From what I've seen, the LFS are easiest to catch on the lesser-used routes like the (S42), (S52), (S54), (S57), (S66) & (S93). The few times I caught the LFS on the 46, 53 & 90, it wasn't a bad ride just extremely cramped. I wish Daimler buses was still making Orion Vs because it's becoming more clear that these low floors aren't cutting it for new york.

Archived