Equipment Question

This question might be annoying, inappropriate etc. so feel free to lock.. Anyway, are there routes that get new equipment earlier? For example, can it be said that a route gets new equipment right when it arrives while another has to wait? Do some routes have priority over others?

This question might be annoying, inappropriate etc. so feel free to lock.. Anyway, are there routes that get new equipment earlier? For example, can it be said that a route gets new equipment right when it arrives while another has to wait? Do some routes have priority over others?

Lines like the (7) and (L) get new updates earlier than most other lines because they run by themselves for the entire line so the new updates won't affect anything else.

Lines like the (7) and (L) get new updates earlier than most other lines because they run by themselves for the entire line so the new updates won't affect anything else.

Thanks! Though I should have made my question clearer. I should have referred to car types specifically.

The 75px-NYCS-bull-trans-7_svg.png (originally the Queensboro or Flushing Line) historically got the newest cars and was seen as the showcase for the IRT Division. From 1915 from 1950 it used its own fleet of "Steinways". In 1948-50 the R12/R14/R15 (the first IRT SMEEs) arrived. Then in 1963-1964 the World's Fair R33/R36s arrived.

in past the (L) wound up with the oldest equipment, it was one of the last lines to still use the R9s and the R30s.

Archived