Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
4P3607

Railfan 5/16/11: R160 (D)eltas & more

at 7:10 PM today @ 36 Street in Brooklyn, an R160 (N) that was running via west end decided to change its signs to (D)!

here are 5 shots for now. More pictures, announcements, & other railfanning shots of the day will be posted in a bit/later on...

r160d05161100.png

r160d05161101.png

r160d05161102.png

r160d05161103.png

r160d05161104.png

Heres some more shots. Announcements come tomorrow:

r160d05161105.png

r160d05161106.png

r160d05161107.png

r160d05161108.png

r160d05161109.png

r160d05161110.png

r160d05161111.png

r160d05161112.png

r160d05161113.png

r160d05161114.png

r160d05161115.png

r160d05161116.png

good stuff, its nice to see and hear that regular railfanning is begining to pick up again ;)

thanks, tho usually I railfan every weekend both days (unless I have something planned). I just never post the pics unless its something unusual B).

thanks, tho usually I railfan every weekend both days (unless I have something planned). I just never post the pics unless its something unusual B).

yea but since they got bin laden and ramped up security, it seems like there hasnt been as many photos posted up of things as there used to be, no epic trips with tons of photos, that sorta stuff, and what im sayin is, its good to see there more photos being posted up.

yea but since they got bin laden and ramped up security, it seems like there hasnt been as many photos posted up of things as there used to be, no epic trips with tons of photos, that sorta stuff, and what im sayin is, its good to see there more photos being posted up.

lol. I actually have about ~1,000 unuploaded videos, I'm thinking of turning some of them into pics.

---------------------------

Whats unusual about this R160 (D) train is that its using cars from Coney Island, not Jamaica yard. The lead car consist # was 8668.

Guest lance25
Whats unusual about this R160 (D) train is that its using cars from Coney Island, not Jamaica yard. The lead car consist # was 8668.

Why is that weird? Isn't the (N) based out of Stillwell Yard?

The crew could've gotten in trouble for changing the signs if it was originally an (N). They don't like that.

Guest lance25

I'm curious, and hopefully someone here can answer this, but why does it matter whether the train is signed up as a (D) to Coney Island rather than an (N) via the West End? I could understand in the days of rollsigns when they'd have to change every sign back to the route it's supposed to be, but with all the electronics and the ability to change routes with the press of a button, it just seems a bit nitpicky. But that's just me.

Why is that weird? Isn't the (N) based out of Stillwell Yard?

usually when an R160 (D) happens, its an (F) from JY.

The crew could've gotten in trouble for changing the signs if it was originally an (N). They don't like that.

lol, so if anybody from the MTA looks at this thread, and sees that I caught it at 7:10 PM @ 36 Street, they could find out who it is B). It was originally an (N), and when it pulled into C.I. it arrived on the (N) track.

btw 36 Street was heavily drowned in foam when I heard it ;):P:P

the only video that failed when uploading was the announcement video!!! :mad:

so I'm re-uploading it. I'll check it when I come back from trying to catch an R160 (R) today.

usually when an R160 (D) happens, its an (F) from JY.

No. I've caught four R160 (D)'s in my life and 3/4 of them were rerouted (N)'s.

No. I've caught four R160 (D)'s in my life and 3/4 of them were rerouted (N)'s.

Hmmm thats interesting.

Anyways:

To the original poster: Great photos and coverage, but if the case of the train crew not being allowed to change signs en route, (changing the R-160 (N) to a (D)) yeah you gave out the time and location, you're leading to the train crew facing trouble, so you better watch out the info you're leaking on here!

I really don't see how and why crew would get in trouble for changing the program.Its a benefit to riders.Sometimes people go apeshit having a dumb look on their face when they see a re-routed train on a different line.Maybe except like the (F) via (G),(N) via (Q) or (Q) via (N).A lot of other places people look puzzled.Also crew must not care about getting in trouble since many trains get a program changed by crew a few times every week whether its (Q) via Sea Beach,(N) via West End...etc..

Guest lance25
Would make more sense if it said "West End Local" since it stopped at every station on the West End Line. Still cool.

WEST END EXP means that it run express on Fourth Avenue. Same thing with SEA BEACH EXP.