Coney Island-Jamaica Transfer

R62A 1651

ok so i'm aware that the (G) has been using R68's lately and also that there will be a transfer between Jamaica and Coney Island come June and I saw one R160 from Jamaica brought to Coney Island(i'm assuming) 9143-9152

can anyone clarify exactly what the transfer will be? how many R68's from CI are going to go to Jamaica and what R160's from Jamaica are going to Coney Island?

Guest lance25

The R68s will remain at Stillwell Yard as part of the (G) transfer from Jamaica to Coney Island. From what I understand, a few R160 consists will also be transferred to Coney Island to make up for the shortage. Where they'll end up hasn't been determined, but I believe they'll go to the (N), pushing the R68As to the (B) line.

Guest MTA Bus

I don't think that the CIY will put their r160s on the (G). If they do, they will probabley be a full 10 car set.

Jamaicas R160's 9143-9192 were up for transfer. The very last ive heard was these cars will displace the R68's from the (N). The (N) is going to be fully R160 again. Also expect to see 8713-8722 back on the (N)/(Q) lines again come june 25.

I'm going to miss the R160 ®'s!!! :cry:

From what I heard, this is whats going to happen:

Coney Island R68 to (G)

R46 that were on (G) get bumped to (R)

R160 that were on the (R) get bumped to Coney Island, and go on the (N)

The R68A's that were on the (N) go to the (:)

and some of the R68's from the (B) go to the (G), and it all goes in a circle.

1 question about the C.I R160A-2s: Are mostly all the A-2s run on the (N) because i just see now only 2 R160A-B and 1 full A-2 on the (Q)?

Why does it matter if its an R-160A-2 or B? They can run in the same consist its just they have a different sound to door closings/openings.There are mixed A-2's and B's mixed in Jamaica and Coney.

So i guess there making there way for the R179. This is a total "assume" moment so dont get me wrong. I believe there sending the R68s to the (G) cause the line in need of new cars is the (R), so once the R46s retire, they will retire off the (R) line, since barley any one even rides the (G) i believe this is why this is happening. But like i said im just assuming. And lets not go off topic.

I'm going to miss the R160 ®'s!!! :cry:

From what I heard, this is whats going to happen:

Coney Island R68 to (G)

R46 that were on (G) get bumped to (R)

R160 that were on the (R) get bumped to Coney Island, and go on the (N)

The R68A's that were on the (N) go to the (:P

and some of the R68's from the (B) go to the (G), and it all goes in a circle.

I was going to ride the R one day hoping not to ride one of those icky, beat up R46s. THEY READ MY MIND!!! I got an R160 instead. :tup::tup::(:P:P:cool:

So does that mean the R160's on the (G) are going to be ABBA.

No for 2 different reasons...

1. The ABBA consist are all at ENY (R160A-1 8313-8652, 9943-9974). Those are 4 car sets only for the (J)(L)(M)(Z). If a set does pop up on the (G), its gonna be ABBBA or a 5 car set. A 5 car set of 160s is the equivalent to a 4 car R46 or R68

2. Who said they're going to the (G) anyway? Just cuz its going to CI, doesn't mean its guaranteed to use a R160. But if there's some sort of hypothetical shortage for some reason, one could pop up (see #1)

So the transfer went through, but I still saw three 160's on the (R) today. Was surprised, or wondered if any transferring went through yet.

Its not complete yet. Coney Island will still need more R160's after R68s dominate the (G). Allegedly R160 # 9153-9182 have to be transferred out by June 25

• 5 weeks later...

Archived