Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
subwaykid256

Railfanning the (J) To Prospect Park

I don't get why they ran the (J) shuttle to prospect park...

Why didn't they have a one-stop shuttle between Chambers Street & Fulton Street? everybody gets off at Fulton street anyway, so whats the point of having a full shuttle? its just a waste.

Why didn't they have a one-stop shuttle between Chambers Street & Fulton Street? everybody gets off at Fulton street anyway, so whats the point of having a full shuttle? its just a waste.

its also for:

Wall St-Bowling Green- Broad St

Borough Hall- Court St

DeKalb Av- near Nevins St

Atlantic Av- (3) to New Lots Av

to Prospect Park so it can relay to the manhattan

Uh, do you know why this shuttle was running? It was because the (4) was suspended between Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall and Crown Heights-Utica Avenue. There are plenty of stations in that section. Not everyone gets off at Fulton Street. The shuttle relieves crowding on the other lines traveling between Lower Manhattan and Downtown Brooklyn. The reason the last (J) shuttle ran only to Fulton Street is because the (4)(5) was just bypassing that station. They were still running between Manhattan and Brooklyn.

BTW, subwaykid256, when did you took those photos? I live by the Brighton Line and was out yesterday taking videos of the Culver Viaduct rehabilitation, including both R68 sets on the (G), an (F) train bypassing Avenue U due to construction, a NovaBus LFS on the B3, and a rare Orion V 9836 on the B68. It was one of the best railfan trips I had and may probably be the last for sometime.

Uh, do you know why this shuttle was running? It was because the (4) was suspended between Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall and Crown Heights-Utica Avenue. There are plenty of stations in that section. Not everyone gets off at Fulton Street. The shuttle relieves crowding on the other lines traveling between Lower Manhattan and Downtown Brooklyn. The reason the last (J) shuttle ran only to Fulton Street is because the (4)(5) was just bypassing that station. They were still running between Manhattan and Brooklyn.

BTW, subwaykid256, when did you took those photos? I live by the Brighton Line and was out yesterday taking videos of the Culver Viaduct rehabilitation, including both R68 sets on the (G), an (F) train bypassing Avenue U due to construction, a NovaBus LFS on the B3, and a rare Orion V 9836 on the B68. It was one of the best railfan trips I had and may probably be the last for sometime.

The reason for the split with the (J) is that and also because the darn (J) crews don't want to operate such a long line.. (Jamaica to Prospect Park) Personally Id prefer it long or send the (J) to end at East New York(Those going to/from Prospect Park), since most of the people who gets on an Essex Street Bound train north of Chambers gets pissed for the train ending at Essex.. Even tho its there fault for not reading the signs..

great work, but my suggestion for next time is get a photo of the front or the back or the train, it shouldnt be a problem since the platforms at prospect park and the other station are designed for 10 cars and the J shuttle only uses 8

great work, but my suggestion for next time is get a photo of the front or the back or the train, it shouldnt be a problem since the platforms at prospect park and the other station are designed for 10 cars and the J shuttle only uses 8

thanks for the tip but i also needed the (J) to take to Jay St so i could see the new transfer and get the (A) train