how long does it for medical after preemploy and the drug test

speicalkay

if anyone has info about my situation, i was called for the preemployment interview on 5/10/11 and also took drug test they said they will call me in 1-30 days for medical. mind you iam a call back from 2008 exam #2801 i didnt hav all paper work then the freeze came before i could get papers together my ? is after the med when do you no when you hav the job

if anyone has info about my situation, i was called for the preemployment interview on 5/10/11 and also took drug test they said they will call me in 1-30 days for medical. mind you iam a call back from 2008 exam #2801 i didnt hav all paper work then the freeze came before i could get papers together my ? is after the med when do you no when you hav the job

Well depends on how much ppl they need to fill in. I took my second drug test on 5/2, about four days later I got that call to take my medical which was 5/11. After my medical I report to zerega on 5/23. Hope that gives you some insight and good look bro, make sure your blood pressure is right and ect. :tup:

In accordance to transit bx has already posted- you officially 'have' the job when you past the Zerega classes in the Bronx.

Yea that's right you officially get the job once you pass zerega, and as far as BP and diabetes I hope you do have it control when its time for your medical, this on guy that was suppose to be in my class starting on 5/23 got put on medical hold cause his BP was at the boarder line smh I was:mad: when he told. So a few days later he said they will put him in a new class. So make sure you get that check before you go to mta doctor.:tup:

thanks for that info iam a little nervous because i hav type 2 diabetes and bp both under control on meds but i heard oa dosent take to kindly to this

Just make sure your a1c level is 7 or below. They may put you a medical hold so that you can take their form to your doctor to clear you. And make sure you have your bp under control as well. I too am type 2 diabetic, and was put on medical hold for a C/R promotion. I got clearance from my doctor, but decided that the C/R job wasn't for me. I will pursue the T/O job when it comes out again.

Just make sure your a1c level is 7 or below. They may put you a medical hold so that you can take their form to your doctor to clear you. And make sure you have your bp under control as well. I too am type 2 diabetic, and was put on medical hold for a C/R promotion. I got clearance from my doctor, but decided that the C/R job wasn't for me. I will pursue the T/O job when it comes out again.

You could have taken the C/R job and then be promoted to T/O or was there something else in mind?

Well depends on how much ppl they need to fill in. I took my second drug test on 5/2, about four days later I got that call to take my medical which was 5/11. After my medical I report to zerega on 5/23. Hope that gives you some insight and good look bro, make sure your blood pressure is right and ect. :tup:

What do u mean by your second drug test? Is it possible that they might call u for drug test again?...Reason I'm askin this is because I was called for drug test on April 19...They told me that they will call me within 30 days...I still haven't heard anything?

You could have taken the C/R job and then be promoted to T/O or was there something else in mind?

I know, but I never wanted to do the C/R job, I was never interested in it. I took the exam because it was the only promo exam available at that time. And I believe in taking all promo exams I qualify for. I was laid off at the time they sent me the notice for pre employment and they sent me my reinstatement letter as well. So I pursued it just to get back into the (MTA). But once I got my old job back I changed my mind.

thanks for that info iam a little nervous because i hav type 2 diabetes and bp both under control on meds but i heard oa dosent take to kindly to this

b4 medical get a letter from your doctor stating your bp is controlled.relax eat a lot of veggies drink a lot of garlic tea a few days b4 medical and you'll be fine.

What do u mean by your second drug test? Is it possible that they might call u for drug test again?...Reason I'm askin this is because I was called for drug test on April 19...They told me that they will call me within 30 days...I still haven't heard anything?

Yea at this time its more then likely that your going to get call for a second drug test. It happen to not only me but to a couple of ppl. Your drug test is only good for up to 30 days. But when you do receive that second drug test, they call me back fast which was about 4 days later.

Yea at this time its more then likely that your going to get call for a second drug test. It happen to not only me but to a couple of ppl. Your drug test is only good for up to 30 days. But when you do receive that second drug test, they call me back fast which was about 4 days later.

How long it took them to call u for ur 2nd drug test after the first 1?

b4 medical get a letter from your doctor stating your bp is controlled.relax eat a lot of veggies drink a lot of garlic tea a few days b4 medical and you'll be fine.

thanks for advise right now my bp is 120/80 plan to keep it lik that i hav to get letter frm doc next wk

thanks,last yr i was layed off from wrkg for COACH USA for 5yrs, in 2009 i found out i was diabetic,dot took me off the road my a1c was 13 so i no what ur saying just hav to get clearance letter frm doc before mta medical

thanks,last yr i was layed off from wrkg for COACH USA for 5yrs, in 2009 i found out i was diabetic,dot took me off the road my a1c was 13 so i no what ur saying just hav to get clearance letter frm doc before mta medical

Whoa! 13???, that pretty high. I'm sure you've got it much lower than that now. I usually float around 8 or 9. But when I was first diagnosed I was pretty high too. I was around 17, the doctor's where looking at me like how am I still walking and talking and not in a coma. But once you get clearance from your doctor you will be cool. Just be prepared to be going to transits clinics very often.

How long it took them to call u for ur 2nd drug test after the first 1?

Well it took about a month and a half, cause I took mt first drug test on 3/8, which I never got a call back for a medical. So they called me back around the end of april which I took it on may 2. Then I got the call to come in for my medical four days later which was for the following week, so I start at zerega this monday on the 23. You officially get the job if you pass zerega on day 7th if not the 7th, you have until the w0th day to show you can handle the bus hope that give you some insight. If they call you back for your second drug test, you should receive a call back for your medical real fast. So good luck.:tup:

Well it took about a month and a half, cause I took mt first drug test on 3/8, which I never got a call back for a medical. So they called me back around the end of april which I took it on may 2. Then I got the call to come in for my medical four days later which was for the following week, so I start at zerega this monday on the 23. You officially get the job if you pass zerega on day 7th if not the 7th, you have until the w0th day to show you can handle the bus hope that give you some insight. If they call you back for your second drug test, you should receive a call back for your medical real fast. So good luck.:tup:

Thank u B)

• 6 years later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/16/2011 at 5:01 PM, speicalkay said:

Diabetes as long as you got your A1C  under 8.9 you'll be ok...

Now that being said depending on which job you are applying for(Anything RTO or surface related with moving buses or trains) every SIX months for the rest of your time down here you will be sent for a revisit to see if its under control...