Who watchs NY1.

King Of RedBirds

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yup I agree with you 100% Every 30 min for a Rail and Road report. Then they talk about things New Yorkers Don't care about.

That's not true at all. I've found out a lot of good things about NYC thanks to NY1 so I totally disagree with you there.

I mean 1/2 the time it's ZZZZ. Then something Hot pops up.

NY1 isn't something to sit and watch for hours on end lol. All you need is 30 mins or even an hour and you're good. They have very good live coverage when something is breaking. I wish it was live a lot more than it is but what they are doing has worked for a long time so hey, it is what it is.

NY1 isn't something to sit and watch for hours on end lol. All you need is 30 mins or even an hour and you're good. They have very good live coverage when something is breaking. I wish it was live a lot more than it is but what they are doing has worked for a long time so hey, it is what it is.

Yup the max I watch is 2 hours.

That the point. Any full time or 24/7 cable news channels like NY1/YNN, News 12 or nationally like CNN, FNC and MSNBC are not meant to watch other than 'breaking news' or documentaries for say no longer than an hour or so.

Again NY's best show IMO is "Inside City Hall.'

That the point. Any full time or 24/7 cable news channels like NY1/YNN, News 12 or nationally like CNN, FNC and MSNBC are not meant to watch other than 'breaking news' or documentaries for say no longer than an hour or so.

Again NY's best show IMO is "Inside City Hall.'

I watch that sometimes. "Sports on 1" is good, even though I'm not that into sports and "On Stage" is good too. My favorite show is "The Call". They need to expand that show to an hour cause a half hour isn't enough time to hear viewers. I've even called into the show in the past when they were dealing with transit.

I watch that sometimes. "Sports on 1" is good, even though I'm not that into sports and "On Stage" is good too. My favorite show is "The Call". They need to expand that show to an hour cause a half hour isn't enough time to hear viewers. I've even called into the show in the past when they were dealing with transit.

I only like Sports 1 the last word, the call, and the subway show.

I only like Sports 1 the last word, the call, and the subway show.

I miss "In Transit". There was no reason to for them to get rid of that show. They have a new transit reporter, they could bring the show back and they should.

I watch NY1 everyday. I have my box set to Channel 8 (what in the hell was so wrong with Channel 1?) so that I can hear what's happening first thing in the morning and I watch some of the shows too when I'm around but I don't rely on them for Traffic but if it's on, I'll listen.

I actually enjoy watching the news. I watch all of them to some degree. I'm more of an Channel 7 and Channel 2 kind of guy. It depends on what I feel like watching that night. News 4 New York was great back in the day but they've made so many changes in the last couple of years and it's not as good as Eyewitness News or CBS 2 News to me but if I'm somewhere and it's on, I'll watch it.

If there's nothing on at 10, I'll watch Channel 5, even though I don't like some of the new segments like that "Real Housewife" from Brooklyn who rants and raves. She needs to sit down somewhere. Channel 11 is all f*cked up nowadays. I watch the morning news but its not as good as it was a year ago but it's not as bad as the News At 10. Man is that newscast abysmal. I hate that new format of theres. I laugh when I see the PIX 11 ads on the subway, it doesn't make me want to watch it anymore than I did before. The only time I watch News 12 is when I'm at the gym, otherwise "out of sight, out of mind". And ever since they moved the news on Channel 9 to 11, I totally forget all about about it but they are moving it back to 10 either before the month is out or next month.

Read my post earlier in the thread. They moved it off ch 1 for something else.

I totally agree about Fox and that housewife. Dump her ass already. She's a ratings killer. Any time i see her on, i switch to ch 11.

Ch.9 should just return to it's pre-UPN days IMO as an independent station and not as Fox/Ch.5 'sister' station. Rupert Mudrock should sell Ch.9.

Probably so, since UPN merged with the WB, there's nothing worth watching on that channel.

I miss "In Transit". There was no reason to for them to get rid of that show. They have a new transit reporter, they could bring the show back and they should.

At least there's Transit transit on NY25. The way NY1 kept moving that show around and airing at times I couldn't catch, I gave up on the show. And would it kill NY1 to get an updated subway map?

I totally agree about Fox and that housewife. Dump her ass already. She's a ratings killer. Any time i see her on, i switch to ch 11.

Probably so, since UPN merged with the WB, there's nothing worth watching on that channel.

At least there's Transit transit on NY25. The way NY1 kept moving that show around and airing at times I couldn't catch, I gave up on the show. And would it kill NY1 to get an updated subway map?

NY25 What Do You Mean.

Some episodes were good. On other episodes, Bobby Cuza spent half the time talking about GO's.

Yeah, some of them were... And whatever happened to that dude that he would consult with during just about every show??

I think that's Pete Donahue. He's with the Daily News and he still does Transit reports for them.

Transit Transit is doesn't focus on news stories. It's mostly stuff that doesn't really deal with the trains but places to go using the train.

To Bad for Bobby Cuza He lost a show that fitted him.

Why did they cancel that show.

It came on at oddball hours and really didn't cover much. There's only so many times a show can cover service disruptions (and there were times where the show was mostly service changes) and two feature items the MTA put on their home page before it becomes redundant.

Plus, the MTA surprisingly doesn't do much news worthy stuff that warrants attention outside of our own railfan world.

It came on at oddball hours and really didn't cover much. There's only so many times a show can cover service disruptions (and there were times where the show was mostly service changes) and two feature items the MTA put on their home page before it becomes redundant.

Plus, the MTA surprisingly doesn't do much news worthy stuff that warrants attention outside of our own railfan world.

I didn't think the hours were a problem because the show came on at the same times every weekend. It would have been great if they could've had a roundtable discussion on one transit topic or multiple topics. They could've had a live show like The Call and rerun it. I just hated that it was 15 mins long. It should have been a half hour.

Archived