Who watchs NY1.

King Of RedBirds

I didn't think the hours were a problem because the show came on at the same times every weekend. It would have been great if they could've had a roundtable discussion on one transit topic or multiple topics. They could've had a live show like The Call and rerun it. I just hated that it was 15 mins long. It should have been a half hour.

Oh yea, they could have actually expanded on it greatly if they wanted to. A round table discussion on things would have actually helped IMO, especially since it was airing during the fare hikes and service cuts.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why does NY1 need On Stage no one I know cares about broadway and that UGLY women who hosts it. They don't need Inside City Hall all they do is Yap Yap + Complain.

LOL... I hate On Stage as well, but I do watch City Hall from time to time. When you're older, you'll care more about politics since they will effect your pockets. :(

LOL... I hate On Stage as well, but I do watch City Hall from time to time. When you're older, you'll care more about politics since they will effect your pockets. :(

I hate the Wednesday segment City Hall has. Those two partisan hacks annoy the hell out of me. Even the Wise Guys arent that polarizing.

I hate the Wednesday segment City Hall has. Those two partisan hacks annoy the hell out of me. Even the Wise Guys arent that polarizing.

I like the Wednesday segments. Cutis Sliwa and the guy from El Diario crack me up.

I didn't think the hours were a problem because the show came on at the same times every weekend. It would have been great if they could've had a roundtable discussion on one transit topic or multiple topics. They could've had a live show like The Call and rerun it. I just hated that it was 15 mins long. It should have been a half hour.

As hard as it is to believe, not everyone is a railfan. Obviously when something happens like a train derailment or a new line being built it's going to be on the news, but stuff doesn't always happen in the MTA on a weekly basis.

I actually like NY1. They have a lot less junk then the local stations (except WABC). In fact, during the royal wedding, NY1 ran normal news which was great because every other station seemed to forget that we won in 1776 and that people had to go to work. For that, they will be the best station in the market. Sports on 1 is often the last thing I watch before turning the TV off for the night. As for it being moved to Channel 8 on Cablevision, they are rolling out a Remote DVR service on Channel 1.

News 12 Brooklyn on the other hand, I commend them for taking a hyper-local approach, but you run out of stories pretty quickly with that format, then you get reports about cats stuck in trees. News 12 Long Island (you can watch them all online if you have Optimum Online or Time Warner) is better, since there's a wider area to cover.

And then there's MSG Varsity, the oh so Optimum exclusive....

Transit Transit is doesn't focus on news stories. It's mostly stuff that doesn't really deal with the trains but places to go using the train.

Fine, but either way I don't miss the NY1 show at all for the reasons I listed earlier.

I actually like NY1. They have a lot less junk then the local stations (except WABC). In fact, during the royal wedding, NY1 ran normal news which was great because every other station seemed to forget that we won in 1776 and that people had to go to work. For that, they will be the best station in the market. Sports on 1 is often the last thing I watch before turning the TV off for the night. As for it being moved to Channel 8 on Cablevision, they are rolling out a Remote DVR service on Channel 1.

News 12 Brooklyn on the other hand, I commend them for taking a hyper-local approach, but you run out of stories pretty quickly with that format, then you get reports about cats stuck in trees. News 12 Long Island (you can watch them all online if you have Optimum Online or Time Warner) is better, since there's a wider area to cover.

And then there's MSG Varsity, the oh so Optimum exclusive....

Thanks, I forgot about what ch1 was going to be.

I do agree about news12, but when I was on Long Island a few years ago, I couldn't stand it because it was LI centric and I wanted news about the city. So the local only thing is good and bad at the same time.

You know what why do they need on stage it is useless.

Because Broadway is a BIG part of NYC. It's cool to have a show devoted to the shows on Broadway and off-Broadway. If it's not your thing, just turn the channel. :tup:

Because Broadway is a BIG part of NYC. It's cool to have a show devoted to the shows on Broadway and off-Broadway. If it's not your thing, just turn the channel. :tup:

Dude without broadway we would lose about 1/2 Tourists Which makes no difference cause NYC is already 8 Mil.

Dude without broadway we would lose about 1/2 Tourists Which makes no difference cause NYC is already 8 Mil.

Kid you don't understand also how Broadway/Entertainment is a huge hundred-million dollar industry as well. So you forget about that as well.

Yes NY1 does show too much over and over.

With that said, if something I am not a fan of, I turn the channel.

Yes a remote a beautiful thing in this nearly 200-channel universe.:cool:

Ok I understand but Broadway,Times Square Is 1/100 Ignorint Tourist, 24/100 Dumb tourist, 25/100 Smart Tourist, and 50/100 Kids. Note I didn't Calculate it Lol. I have been to a broadway show it was fun but to have the news talk to you about B-D List Actors is just boring.

Good point. You think NY1 would get better guests than the mostly "B"-list or lower or has been stars on their Broadway show.:confused:

Is it really THAT SERIOUS? It's a f*cking TV show that you don't have to watch. I don't watch sports, so you won't hear me complain about ESPN or YES or SNY. I'm mean really. REALLY?! And tourists are a HUGE part of what makes NYC as big as it is. They may not mean much to you or me but they play a big role in NYC's economy and that can not be ignored one bit. It's just one show that is shown throughout the weekend, something that NY1 does with all of it's weekend programing. You don't like it, watch Eyewitness News or something like that.

Is it really THAT SERIOUS? It's a f*cking TV show that you don't have to watch. I don't watch sports, so you won't hear me complain about ESPN or YES or SNY. I'm mean really. REALLY?! And tourists are a HUGE part of what makes NYC as big as it is. They may not mean much to you or me but they play a big role in NYC's economy and that can not be ignored one bit. It's just one show that is shown throughout the weekend, something that NY1 does with all of it's weekend programing. You don't like it, watch Eyewitness News or something like that.

He just has to complain about something... Agreed with what you said. Don't like it then just change the channel, jeez.

If your going to complain don't Even Comment because I'm talking about something I want to talk about and that's Gods given right as humans to do so.

Archived