Second Avenue Subway Questions for an MTA Employee

Gorgor

Hello,

I have a research paper to do for a school project, and I chose to write about the Second Avenue Subway, but more specifically what's been causing all of the delays and what the current status of it is. As such, I am looking for someone on this board who could be generous and give 5-10 minutes of your time to answer a few questions. Preferably I'd prefer to talk to someone up in management, but as all of my previous attempts to contact the MTA via email and over the phone have failed, I'd be perfectly fine with anyone who is currently or was previously employed by the MTA. These questions are part fact-related but also opinionated, such as when you personally believe, if at all, the Second Avenue Subway Phase I will be completed?

The research paper requires that these questions be asked over email, so if you would be willing to take just a few minutes to answer these questions, please post and we can exchange email addresses over private message.

The minimum I need is one person, but more than one would be terrific so that I could get more than one opinion.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

--------------

I also want to include a poll-type part in the paper, so if you aren't an MTA employee or don't feel like answering the questions via email, it would be great if you could post when you think that the Second Avenue Subway Phase I will be completed.

Thank you for posting, but a requirement of this paper is that I talk to an actual person in one of the allowed ways, such as email. I've seen that site before though, and I think it's really helpful.

Have you tried to contact someone from the Straphangers campaign? Gene Russianoff (or however his name is spelled) can be really helpful.

Have you tried to contact someone from the Straphangers campaign? Gene Russianoff (or however his name is spelled) can be really helpful.

Ooh, I completely forgot about the Straphangers Campaign! I might shoot them an email later, but I'd prefer to find just an average MTA employee. The Straphangers Campaign seems to be quite biased and against the MTA though.

Ooh, I completely forgot about the Straphangers Campaign! I might shoot them an email later, but I'd prefer to find just an average MTA employee. The Straphangers Campaign seems to be quite biased and against the MTA though.

That is true, but advocates are more willing and open to speak to students than agency heads.

That is true, but advocates are more willing and open to speak to students than agency heads.

Well I'm just trying to find an MTA employee here who'd be willing to answer a few questions, not an agency head. I've already tried and I've gotten nowhere with that.

That's it? I thought there were so many more MTA employees that regularly used this forum.

Those 2 were examples.

There is also Eric B, Art vanderlay, well, actually there are too many to list.

Well I hope that one of them will reply to this. I've already wasted too much time waiting for the MTA to get back to me via the contact form they provided (and I doubt they'll ever get back to me).

Well, you haven't stated what your questions were, but I myself know probably no more than anyone else. The only ones in (MTA) who would know more would be those working in the office that deals with that project, and I don't know anyone there.

It might be easier to get information from a project manager at the Construction Company itself. I'm sure they have a PR department, as does the (MTA) itself. I think it all boils down to what type of information you are looking for. I doubt if they would give you specific plans for tracks, stations, signals, etc., for obvious reasons, but you might find some interesting tidbits. It's worth a try.

Archived