Uptown (F) and (G) service to be restored at Fort Hamilton Parkway and 15th Street - Prospect Park

LRG

Correction: One-seat EXPRESS ride to Manhattan.....

I forgot that word, I was half sleep lol

When this service pattern is in effect, does the Bedford-Hoyt service use the center track at Bedford?

One of them uses it, I think most likely the Queens-Bedford segment if the Bedford-Hoyt segment is single tracking on the Queens-bound track

This is just a guess, but I suppose that it is easier to tell the C-train riders that are headed to Brooklyn, or going to Manhattan to transfer AT THE SAME PLATFORM to or from the F-train at Broadway-Lafayette Streets, than either transferring upstairs and/or downstairs at West 4th Street or having to cross over to other platform at Second Avenue.

Mike

Which is the way they should do it in a situation like that.

Personally, though, this to me would have been the perfect time to do two experiments that I feel would be worth paying the crews extra for in order to see if certain things are feasible at a later date. In this case, I would have:

(C) trains run via the (F), (M) and finally (J) routes to Broadway Junction ((M) trains would run their normal shuttle).

That Was A plan, That would have been a good idea but i doubt they would do it, I would love for that to happen and all the foamers will go nuts

Can you PLEASE stop bringing that up every single time??? Let the (C) terminate at Second Avenue. If you think your idea's worth coming to fruition them pay up the MTA several million. Until then you're wasting keystrokes.

but they might wind up doing that in the future, its almost been a year, I don't like the (M) ether but it is what it is, the (V) was supposed to us that cut anyways, but the MTA didn't have the money, plus the 63rd st connector was almost done so they made the (V) go to 2nd ave instead, the (V) was supposed to run Between 21st Queensbridge and Rockaway Parkway VIA The Essex CUT, they will USE THAT CUT FOR FUTURE GO's Including Rerouting The (J) in the Near Future when They need to work on Nassau St, That CUT would Help for Future GO's I told You and Brian that back in June.

While I do agree I'm getting tired about wally's broken record about having the (C) run to Metropolitan or such, I will just entertain this idea: [The W4th St switches should not be overused and should remain 'set']

(C): 168th-metropolitan

(E): Parsons/Archer-CI

(M): 71st-Euclid

(F): 179th-WTC

I know replacing the (F) in Brooklyn with the (E) won't be popular, but I don't like the idea of having the W4th switches being overused just for one line. One derailment and you screw up 4 lines. That's why I say you either leave things as is now or you switch everything.

but they might wind up doing that in the future, its almost been a year, I don't like the (M) ether but it is what it is, the (V) was supposed to us that cut anyways, but the MTA didn't have the money, plus the 63rd st connector was almost done so they made the (V) go to 2nd ave instead, the (V) was supposed to run Between 21st Queensbridge and Rockaway Parkway VIA The Essex CUT, they will USE THAT CUT FOR FUTURE GO's Including Rerouting The (J) in the Near Future when They need to work on Nassau St, That CUT would Help for Future GO's I told You and Brian that back in June.

But just like Grand Concourse said the guy's starting to sound like a broken record repeating the SAME THING OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. We get the idea but right now it's not feasible. However, taking GC's idea of leaving the West Fourth Street interlocking "fixed" it'd be better to have the (F) train turn at Bergen Street and have the (C) train alone run it's normal route. Then shuttle buses can start at Hoyt - Schermerhorn to connect riders with the (G) , then Bergen Street for the (F), and have buses continue to Church Avenue, or in this case for this weekend, 18th Avenue since that's where the southern portion of the (F) will terminate.

so with the (F) and (G) returning northbound to 15 St and the other one it was skipping, does that mean the southbound trains are gunna skip the station now? or is that still happening later?

Southbound skip happens after the Smith-9th closure is done.

so between now and when Smith 9th Street reopens again after its closure, there is full service at 15 St and Fort Hamilton Parkway stations in both directions?

What should be happening soon is work on the Fourth Avenue southbound platform which would have trains heading to Coney Island skip 15th Street and Fort Hamilton Parkway. But with Fourth Avenue northbound reopening next week, northbound trains will have to switch from the local track to the express track as the (F) bypassing Smith - Ninth Streets still in the program.

Why not have the (C) terminate at WTC alongside the (E)? It just sounds to me (in my sleepy fog-headed state) that it would cause less switching delays than having to switch to the (F) at W4.

Im assuming that they find it easier to use the 2 free tracks at 2nd ave then to double the capacity at WTC. W4 tower handles the switches just fine as its pretty common there

Archived