Derailment at Dekalb Avenue

Due to a derailment at the Dekalb Avenue Station:

Both directions, there is no (:) train service between the Brighton Beach Station and the Bedford Park Boulevard Station.

Downtown (D) trains are running on the (A) line from the 59th Street-Columbus Circle Station to the West 4th Street-Washington Square Station then on the (F) line to the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station.

Both directions, (D) trains run local from the 59th Street-Columbus Circle Station to the Bedford Park Boulevard Station.

Downtown (Q) trains are running on the (R) line from the Canal Street Station to the Dekalb Avenue Station.

Please expect delays in service on the (B),(D) ,(F) ,(Q) and (R) trains at this time.

Please allow additional travel time.

Due to a work train derailment at the Dekalb Avenue Station:

Both directions, there is no (B) train service between the Brighton Beach Station and the Bedford Park Boulevard Station.

Downtown (D) trains are running on the (A) line from the 59th Street-Columbus Circle Station to the Jay Street-Metrotech Station then on the (F) line to the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station.

Both directions, (D) trains run local from the 59th Street-Columbus Circle Station to the Bedford Park Boulevard Station.

Downtown (N) and (Q) trains are running on the (R) line from the Canal Street Station to the Dekalb Avenue Station.

Select downtown (N) trains are running on the (D) line from the 36th Street Station (Brooklyn) to the Coney Island-Stilwell Avenue Station.

mta.info

There's an announcement posted

Please expect delays in service on the (B), (D), (F), (N), (Q) and (R) trains at this time.

Please allow additional travel time.

I'm in Stillwell Avenue and man how frustrating has it been to either railfan or commute. It's been a nightmare now I'm going to the A division and avoid B division trains..B)

Thank goodness I didn't have school this morning or I would have been caught up in this mess.

So when does the Spring '11 semster finish for you LRG? Up here almost all of the SUNY and many private colleges had wrapped up or had graduation day already.

Back to topic. Any update on this derailment? If this continues to the PM rush that entire Brighton/4th Ave coordiors will be a nightmare.

So when does the Spring '11 semster finish for you LRG? Up here almost all of the SUNY and many private colleges had wrapped up or had graduation day already.

May 25th.

And why suspend the (B) train? That dosen't even go in the Bypass.

If the Derailmanet is at the beggining of the bypass where the switch that sends the Bravo down the Brighton Line...

You can see why now, right?

Here is an article that has more info

WNYC News

RecommendShare

Print

Email

Derailed Train Causes Subway Delays

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

By WNYC Newsroom

There are subway disruptions this morning after a work train derailed just north of the DeKalb Avenue Station. Officials with the Metropolitan Transit Authority say one car of a four-car train came off the tracks as it was coming off the Manhattan Bridge. The train was carrying MTA employees, but there were no injuries in the derailment.

The agency said it's working to restore service prior to the Tuesday evening rush.

For now, B train service is suspended in both directions from the Brighton Beach Station in Brooklyn to the 145th Street Station in Manhattan. There are also delays on the A, C, D, F, N, Q, and R trains. Select C trains are running express between 59th Street and the Canal Street Station. Downtown D trains are running on the F line from West 4th Street to Coney Island. Downtown N and Q trains are running on the R line from Canal Street to the Dekalb Avenue Station.

Dierdre Parker, spokeswoman for the MTA, said work crews are on the scene, trying to re-rail the train. She said crews will then have to test the rails to make sure they are in working condition before the route can be returned to service.

She said passengers should continue to check the MTA website for updates.

updated 1:00 PM.

More in: WNYC News

They said on MTA.INFO Derailment and NY1 said Track condition/Police Investigation.

My morning commute, Fox 5 said "Mechanical Problems" at first also. Though as usual I checked mta.info anyway. Regular news usually cares less on transit anyway. Just the news and just traffic reports. We get it you don't like NY1.

My morning commute, Fox 5 said "Mechanical Problems" at first also. Though as usual I checked mta.info anyway. Regular news usually cares less on transit anyway. Just the news and just traffic reports. We get it you don't like NY1.

Yup you already know but how could they say Mechanical Problems it takes a real stupid news person to say that.

Archived