Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
cltleo

No new MTH subway set for 2011 VII.

I was disappointed to see that MTH didn't have a new subway set for 2011 B) Anybody know if MTH will release a new set for 2012???

Actually, no one knows. MTH lost the MTA license to make models to Lionel. So most subways will be Lionel from now on unless they get the lease back

Actually, no one knows. MTH lost the MTA license to make models to Lionel. So most subways will be Lionel from now on unless they get the lease back

MTH Continues to make model NYC Subways, however, they no longer stamp the models with the any (MTA) or (NYCT) Markings..

MTH Continues to make model NYC Subways, however, they no longer stamp the models with the any (MTA) or (NYCT) Markings..

They do? I assumed it was license or copyright because of the hiatus of production...

They do? I assumed it was license or copyright because of the hiatus of production...

All the sets after the White R-12 (1) Train that actually had any sort of MTA logo on them, were produced without it; IE. R142A, R-62, R-40 Slant. We have to add our own..

All the sets after the White R-12 (1) Train that actually had any sort of MTA logo on them, were produced without it; IE. R142A, R-62, R-40 Slant. We have to add our own..

i just bought the R42's on friday. They were assigned to the (D), and now they are assigned to the (N). i bought my R62's last year signed up as the (4), and now they are assigned to the (2). My R17 set is assigned to the <5>. next 2 weeks, im getting my R142A's and leaving them on the (6). the only Lionel set i have is the M7A's.

i actually have the catalog for MTH 2011, and i didnt see any new subway sets. so im a little dissappointed myself. but its whatever for now i guess.

MTH or Lionel dont have subways sets out for this year,MTH is much better that lionel as far as detail gose.I dont get it bettween both companies either one have nuthing out this year or next??

i just bought the R42's on friday. They were assigned to the (D), and now they are assigned to the (N). i bought my R62's last year signed up as the (4), and now they are assigned to the (2). My R17 set is assigned to the <5>. next 2 weeks, im getting my R142A's and leaving them on the (6). the only Lionel set i have is the M7A's.

i actually have the catalog for MTH 2011, and i didnt see any new subway sets. so im a little dissappointed myself. but its whatever for now i guess.

I got a set of the R42s a few years ago, I never really liked them though and would love to sell them.

I got a set of the R42s a few years ago, I never really liked them though and would love to sell them.

which ones u got? and how much?

which ones u got? and how much?

I have the 2 car (D) train add on set. I have no idea what there worth though.

I have the 2 car (D) train add on set. I have no idea what there worth though.

oh. i got my 4-car set for $125. let me ask my friend, maybe he might want them. but u gotta tell me how much u want for them.

Edited by Luis1985

They have got to be the worst set ever made, luckily Lionel will be making a set soon that all be awesome.

They have got to be the worst set ever made, luckily Lionel will be making a set soon that all be awesome.

I wouldn't say they're the worst. It was MTHs first way to break into the Subway Side of O Scale trains. They are short and equipped with Proto 1, yes, but worst, nahh. I would say the R-12 was one of the worst; windows are horrible..

If Lionel do come out with a new subway set, they will more than likely charge $800 for 4 cars and $300 for 2 car add on. Lionel subway are a little over priced for my budget. I'll stick with MTH :tup:

I wounder if they will ever make the 75ft. cars like the r68 an r46 20 somthing inches long...lol I bet if they do those cars would cost a lot...prob be like 2hundred dollars for each car.

I think Lionel will charge anywhere from $800 to $1000 for a 4 car set. I wonder why Lionel ask so much?