Cuomo Plans to cut pensions for NEW hires

RTOMan

Cuomo came into a huge mess, he did not create it (whether or not his father contributed to these problems is a separate issue). From the beginning, he quite frankly said he would cut, cut, cut, and keep property taxes alone. So far, that's exactly what he has done.

As for the 401K issue Subwayguy brought up, don't forget that there are many different types of IRA's. While the Roth is both quite useful in terms of its tax advantages, the other types have their own strengths and weaknesses, so don't forget to look into what you are getting if you start one. Also, IRA's can mess up things like federal financial aid payments, etc, if you use the "wrong" type. So don't treat them like perfect solutions, though they are often quite useful.

Cuomo came into a huge mess, he did not create it (whether or not his father contributed to these problems is a separate issue). From the beginning, he quite frankly said he would cut, cut, cut, and keep property taxes alone. So far, that's exactly what he has done.

As for the 401K issue Subwayguy brought up, don't forget that there are many different types of IRA's. While the Roth is both quite useful in terms of its tax advantages, the other types have their own strengths and weaknesses, so don't forget to look into what you are getting if you start one. Also, IRA's can mess up things like federal financial aid payments, etc, if you use the "wrong" type. So don't treat them like perfect solutions, though they are often quite useful.

Its always good to have more than one option if possible. I just hope some of you younguns aren't living in that dream world thinking about Social Security.. Ha!

Its always good to have more than one option if possible. I just hope some of you younguns aren't living in that dream world thinking about Social Security.. Ha!

What's Social Security :(

Like that program will last.

I already have a plan. Savings account. Save a set percentage of each paycheck the whole time I work. When I retire, there's all that saved money, hopefully enough to last me the rest of my life.

What's Social Security :(

Like that program will last.

I already have a plan. Savings account. Save a set percentage of each paycheck the whole time I work. When I retire, there's all that saved money, hopefully enough to last me the rest of my life.

LMAO... That's what I told an ex co-worker of mine a few years back. Social Security may just run out by the time you and I become old farts, if not before then. :)

Archived