R10 and R42 conversion Question

mark1447

• 4 months later...
r16's weren't built with a r42 front they were built with a r 142 b end but with a single storm door and a destination sign like on r62's.

I hope you know what you're talking about cause i don't see anything about the R16 that looks like an R62 or R142.they look nothing like those cars.

I do! It's in a book called new york subway cars, the one i have is out of print but they did just release a 5th and updated edition. it was car 6429 and was remodeled at 207th in 1979, but was scrapped(i assume it never left the shop so it was scrapped the same year)r16mod1.jpgPlease ignore the scribbles, i was like 5 or something when i did it. and sorry for quality and it being reversed it was taken on my mac webcam.

I hope you know what you're talking about cause i don't see anything about the R16 that looks like an R62 or R142.they look nothing like those cars.

Also when i said it looked like a r142 with single leaf storm door, i meant the blind end the one with no cab. just wanted to clear that up;)

Guest lance25

That doesn't even look like an NYC Subway train. It looks more like one of the many mockups Hollywood uses when depicting our subway system here.

I do! It's in a book called new york subway cars, the one i have is out of print but they did just release a 5th and updated edition.

Woah, really? I've been waiting for that to come out for a little while =) Thanks for the news. Is it the one from Sansone, or is it another publication?

I do! It's in a book called new york subway cars, the one i have is out of print but they did just release a 5th and updated edition. it was car 6429 and was remodeled at 207th in 1979, but was scrapped(i assume it never left the shop so it was scrapped the same year)r16mod1.jpgPlease ignore the scribbles, i was like 5 or something when i did it. and sorry for quality and it being reversed it was taken on my mac webcam.
Yes I heard about this train.It had a similar interior to the R44.Another wild 207th street experiment

• 2 weeks later...

Archived