18 Year Old Man Wounded By Gunshot on B60 Bus

East New York

BUSHWICK, Brooklyn (WABC) -- A teenager was shot on a bus in Brooklyn Wednesday afternoon.

Wednesday night at the 83rd Precinct, the father of the victim, stood in the rain, still looking for information about the condition of his son.

The 18-year-old was shot on an MTA bus shortly after 4:30 Wednesday afternoon at the intersection of Myrtle and Wilson Avenues in Bushwick.

He was found by the bus driver in the back of the bus. He'd been shot in the abdomen by a suspect who was on the bus.

The key to solving this shooting may be what these surveillance cameras captured on tape.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_york&id=8139168

There has been much speculation that the bus was actually out of the Flatbush or Fresh Pond depot. I was informed by one of my MTA contacts that the bus in question is RTS #9430 out of Grand Avenue. It was indeed on the B60, and was at the corner of Wilson & Myrtle.

It seems like the B/O helped minimize any panic after this shooting (though people are probably used to regular shootings anyway in Bushwick), so kudos to him- I could certainly see how this could have led to mass panic, etc.

It seems like the B/O helped minimize any panic after this shooting (though people are probably used to regular shootings anyway in Bushwick), so kudos to him- I could certainly see how this could have led to mass panic, etc.

Yea but you have to note, crime has been down in Bushwick since Gentrification, I mean since yuppies/hipsters began taking over. Still, this is kind of scary. Better get me some pepper spray or some mace! :P:P

Props to the b/o by the way.:tup::tup::tup::tup:

I'm pretty sure the gunman most likely knew the kid he shot, I doubt it was just a random shooting.

either knew, or knew of...

....but yeah, I don't think this was random either... you just don't get 2 strangers on a bus givin each other the evil eye, then 1 of them pulls out a piece & BANG... On the streets at night, I could see that happening, but not on a bus smack dab in the afternoon....

the reasoning for the shooting is what I'm doubting/questioning....

The crazy thing is that I couldve been on that bus that day but for some reason, I took the (J) to work :eek:

Yea but you have to note, crime has been down in Bushwick since Gentrification, I mean since yuppies/hipsters began taking over. Still, this is kind of scary. Better get me some pepper spray or some mace! ;)-_-...

Lol you're thinking about the East Bushwick (west of about DeKalb Av, close to Williamsburg)...over here on my end of Bushwick aint nothing change and I doubt it ever will. Just last night I heard gunshots

either knew, or knew of...

....but yeah, I don't think this was random either... you just don't get 2 strangers on a bus givin each other the evil eye, then 1 of them pulls out a piece & BANG... On the streets at night, I could see that happening, but not on a bus smack dab in the afternoon....

the reasoning for the shooting is what I'm doubting/questioning....

Maybe the shooter was uncomfortable with the way the guy was looking at him. I've gotten plenty of "looks" on the bus and subway where it felt like I was being undressed, if you know whats I mean..... Still no excuse for shooting someone of course, but you got people who flip out over the slightest things.

Weird as it may seem, I wear sunglasses all the time outside [rain/shine outdoors/below ground]. Avoids me making eye contact with anyone.

Really? C'mon, it's human nature to have eye contact with others. That's what makes us human! Gotta love the rapid glances or staring some cute girls give you. I play that game along with them!

Dude, by the end of the day, I'm dead tired. I could care less of the ppl around me. Call me anti-social if you want. Plus what if the girls don't like you staring at them even though they are dressed in a way that screams "look at me"?

Nah. Safety behind the shades. You can't see me looking at you and I prefer it that way.

Typical Brooklyn.

Yea but you have to note, crime has been down in Bushwick since Gentrification, I mean since yuppies/hipsters began taking over.

Lol you're thinking about the East Bushwick (west of about DeKalb Av, close to Williamsburg)...over here on my end of Bushwick aint nothing change and I doubt it ever will. Just last night I heard gunshots

To both of you:

You let those damn yuppies and hipsters take over Brooklyn. Nobody wants them here in the Bronx ;)

The crazy thing is that I couldve been on that bus that day but for some reason, I took the (J) to work :eek:

Well lucky you. Me, my luck would land me in place of the victim ;)

Dude, by the end of the day, I'm dead tired. I could care less of the ppl around me. Call me anti-social if you want. Plus what if the girls don't like you staring at them even though they are dressed in a way that screams "look at me"?

Nah. Safety behind the shades. You can't see me looking at you and I prefer it that way.

So basically you're MIB and lovin' it :)

mib.jpg

Plus what if the girls don't like you staring at them even though they are dressed in a way that screams "look at me"?

I agree. If your a dude its best to avoid that, I know, easier said than done. I know someone is probably gonna call me a foamer or something cause I'm advising to not act overly thirsty over a girl lol. Staring is one of the sen tomes of AS, I heard of a story where a dude with AS kept staring at a woman at his job and it caused him to get fired.... Its awesome when a girl stares at you though! Which happened to me once at a restruant, 6.5 - 7/10 dark-skin black girl, I was hype, I walked from the restaurant to the subway to my home doing the diddy bop lol. :cool:

ah c'mon... hiding behind shades...

I don't see what fatigue has to do with anything regarding this... That's not being anti-social, it's flat out shyness (at the bare minimum).... I'm not a sociable person & I don't resort to not looking at anyone... matter fact, I find myself staring at people more (especially when I'm pissed)... for various reasons (none of which, is to want to strike up a conversation)....

ok, you have moments where you don't wanna be bothered... that's VERY different from shielding your eyes....

Nothing spells fear more than not looking at someone in their eyes - Remember that.

Damn what she's wearin, damn what girls don't like you doin (lol).... You have the Y chromosome !!

As long as she's visually appealing, the LEAST of what I'll do is stare at her... Not hide behind shades, not look down at the ground, not look at everything else BUT her... years of that, is how you end up sad & depressed @ 40 moping around about why you never had kids, and/or even "got any"....

You don't wanna be that guy, GC...

I agree. If your a dude its best to avoid that, I know, easier said than done. I know someone is probably gonna call me a foamer or something cause I'm advising to not act overly thirsty over a girl lol. Staring is one of the sen tomes of AS, I heard of a story where a dude with AS kept staring at a woman at his job and it caused him to get fired.... Its awesome when a girl stares at you though! Which happened to me once at a restruant, 6.5 - 7/10 dark-skin black girl, I was hype, I walked from the restaurant to the subway to my home doing the diddy bop lol. :cool:

I feel you man. Dark skins all the way! :cool: But damn, you said it as if you get stares every once in a blue moon.

Archived