New Flyer C40LF Discussion

KNIGHTRIDER3:16

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And the number of these hitting us?? suppose to be between 50-90

Nope, College Point is only getting 21 of them. It's gonna be a hit or miss for those looking for these buses.

Looks nice, but why did they put the depot sticker so high up?? Looks sort of out of place. There seems to be room to place it where the sticker is placed on the NGs :confused:

Also interesting that they've kept the lights with the same paint scheme. In other words lights that are around the blue strip are actually blue and lights around white parts of the bus are white, this way when buses are repainted they don't look out of place. Smart move. :cool: Sounds like a minor detail, but that's me.

It looks better than I thought it would. The wrap scheme gives it a clean and fresh look that I like with this one. I wonder what's going to happen with the back ads. With that said, I look at this bus and I can't help but think to myself that it should be a C40LFR and not the same C40LF we've had here for God knows how long. I know that what's done is done but damn! It's bittersweet cause I'm a big fan of New Flyer buses but I didn't want them to come back to the (MTA) with an old product like this one. In any case, I'm glad to see a new NF bus here in NYC as an (MTA) bus.

Excuse me?! And you know those exact numbers as a FACT! And you do know that the MTA can change it right?

In do time I guess, but until then:

• 185 - 208: Spring Creek; [24 buses]

• 209 - 229: College Point; [21 buses]

• 230 - 283: West Farms; [54 buses]

• 284 - 319: Jackie Gleason; [36 buses]

These are the confirmed numbers as recall by a "inside source."

Don't want to sound like a know-it-all but this was info that was given to me by an licensed MTA official.

Archived