Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
KNIGHTRIDER3:16

New Flyer C40LF Discussion

Too bad you will not be driving them Knight....I will give you the scoop on how they handle etc.....and when these bad boys show up for service I will say ABOUT TIME!!

Todays forecast calls for massive flooding in the College Point & Flushing area...bring them rain boots lol

If I have some time before work I might go look...that is if I remember

And the number of these hitting us?? suppose to be between 50-90

Nope, College Point is only getting 21 of them. It's gonna be a hit or miss for those looking for these buses.

Looks nice, but why did they put the depot sticker so high up?? Looks sort of out of place. There seems to be room to place it where the sticker is placed on the NGs :confused:

Also interesting that they've kept the lights with the same paint scheme. In other words lights that are around the blue strip are actually blue and lights around white parts of the bus are white, this way when buses are repainted they don't look out of place. Smart move. :cool: Sounds like a minor detail, but that's me.

They're using the old LIB Orion V CNG 3 digit numbers?

No, those numbers go back to when the first Orions came out for the (MTA) (New York City Transit). Most of them have been retired, so now they are using those numbers for these.

I've always wondered why NYCT prefers four digit numbers, not just for buses, but for subway cars and LIRR cars. The only non-four digit numbers I've seen are on the LIRR locomotives and work trains.

Man that bus looks sooo much better in that style then the old. I gotta catch this! Great vid!

Is it just College Pt getting them?

Nope WF too in the future.

Besides the rear grill, where are they going to put ads on the buses? Looking at the right side of the bus, it does not look like they could put ads there either.

Meh, its prolly a good bus in an ugly skin, I woulda had a top stripe with a front strip similar to what Septa has.

Gleason should get about 30 along with College Point and a chance of WF

Hi, newbie hey.

Gleason will actually get 36

West Farms: 54

College Point: 21

Spring Creek: 24

Hi, newbie hey.

Gleason will actually get 36

West Farms: 54

College Point: 21

Spring Creek: 24

Excuse me?! And you know those exact numbers as a FACT! And you do know that the MTA can change it right?

It looks better than I thought it would. The wrap scheme gives it a clean and fresh look that I like with this one. I wonder what's going to happen with the back ads. With that said, I look at this bus and I can't help but think to myself that it should be a C40LFR and not the same C40LF we've had here for God knows how long. I know that what's done is done but damn! It's bittersweet cause I'm a big fan of New Flyer buses but I didn't want them to come back to the (MTA) with an old product like this one. In any case, I'm glad to see a new NF bus here in NYC as an (MTA) bus.

Excuse me?! And you know those exact numbers as a FACT! And you do know that the MTA can change it right?

In do time I guess, but until then:

• 185 - 208: Spring Creek; [24 buses]

• 209 - 229: College Point; [21 buses]

• 230 - 283: West Farms; [54 buses]

• 284 - 319: Jackie Gleason; [36 buses]

These are the confirmed numbers as recall by a "inside source."

Don't want to sound like a know-it-all but this was info that was given to me by an licensed MTA official.