New Flyer C40LF Discussion

KNIGHTRIDER3:16

234 is a soon to be WF bus. Why is at CP?

Just because a bus is delivered new to one depot does not mean it will stay. Case in point, the Orion NG's. The first of the buses were delivered to SI, but were never intended to stay there. This may also hold true with the new LFSA's. Just because the first of the 5700's are going there doesn't not mean they will stay.

Whats funny is that all the buses on the back have we care about safety....call NYCT safe bus.....or something to that affect.....when did I start working for NYCT ??? Give me my best 3 out of 5 for my last years of service than you can stick anything you want on the bus.....

Should say we care about safety call MTA safe bus....

For all operational purposes, MTABC is already NYC Transit. That's why the buses now have QV stickers, the Bus Command Center, radios and fareboxes are being merged together, and the information number for both divisions is 718 330-1234. For all non-legal purposes, and excluding a few operational details, BC is essentially the new OA.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, since 230 is now at JG, Is Gleason getting 230-285 rather than WF?

As you all know, the MTA changes its mind a lot, so it is possible, being that JG has been running C40s for well over 10 years now, so I don't think they need this bus for training.

It sucks that these bus manufacturers now have a three day work week.... I'm pretty sure if they the worked a full week those buses be would be pouring into NYC lol. I remember during the Orion NG hybrid order the buses came pretty quick, that was before these bus builders cut back hours.

Yes, I know Orion and NF are not the same, but I remember reading a article stating that all the bus manufacturers cut hours to save money.

Well, since 230 is now at JG, Is Gleason getting 230-285 rather than WF?

As you all know, the MTA changes its mind a lot, so it is possible, being that JG has been running C40s for well over 10 years now, so I don't think they need this bus for training.

It sucks that these bus manufacturers now have a three day work week.... I'm pretty sure if they the worked a full week those buses be would be pouring into NYC lol. I remember during the Orion NG hybrid order the buses came pretty quick, that was before these bus builders cut back hours.

Yes, I know Orion and NF are not the same, but I remember reading a article stating that all the bus manufacturers cut hours to save money.

The reduced work week, which NF does not have, doesn't change production all that much. It all depends on how many buses a manufacturer turns out per day, what the production schedule is, and what the operator has set up. New Flyer built 1800 buses last year. Well more than any other manufacturer.

The production schedule is agreed upon by the manufacturer and the operator.

As far as C40LF #230, that bus has been to all the CNG depots except Spring Creek. West Farms needs them bad, so their batch will continue to follow College Point's.

i just saw 215 216 218 and 220 in service in queens they look so nice at jamacia 230 is still for WF i think they should have 230 up to 245 at WF

230 is at Gleason right now, but will return to WF.

Preliminary Assignments

• 185-229: College Point

• 230-285: West Farms

• 286-319: Jackie Gleason

• 320-569: TBA for CP, JG, and SC

• 570-659: Option TBA If Exercised

230 is at Gleason right now, but will return to WF.

Preliminary Assignments

• 185-229: College Point

• 230-285: West Farms

• 286-319: Jackie Gleason

• 320-569: TBA for CP, JG, and SC

• 570-659: Option TBA If Exercised

JG had 215-220 idk what they are doing but they already put the depot sticker on it. i saw 230 again today out in queens they are using it to train they said and yesit goes back too WF

JG had 215-220 idk what they are doing but they already put the depot sticker on it. i saw 230 again today out in queens they are using it to train they said and yesit goes back too WF

Hmmmm there's no way you saw 230 in Queens b/c its in Jackie Gleason. CP B/O's are already qualified to operate the bus so what training do they need again!

Don't know what it was you were looking at, but it sure wasn't 2011 C40LF's! And you couldn't have seen 230 in Queens, because its still in Brooklyn.:confused:

Has anybody looked up while in the bus? Only one emergency exit....hhhhmmm and what's with the temperature thingy in the side like in the subway.....remind me what is it?

Same with the Xcelsiors. They only have one roof hatch as well. The temp strips are for the checkers. Now they can just jump on a bus and see what it is much easier than in the past.

for some reason i havent seen any of the buses in service at all at westfarms, im not sure whats the reason they did get some more sent too them last week and this week but still i havent seen any on the road

Well, 232 is at JG, so maybe they did in fact swap WF and JG, JG has to borrow RTSs from other depots to make service, at this point they probably need new equipment as much as WF does.

for some reason i havent seen any of the buses in service at all at westfarms, im not sure whats the reason they did get some more sent too them last week and this week but still i havent seen any on the road

Dude.... There are no C40LF's at WF right now, nor did they get anymore last week according to my records and TTMG records. They are at Gleason and The Point.

Well, 232 is at JG, so maybe they did in fact swap WF and JG, JG has to borrow RTSs from other depots to make service, at this point they probably need new equipment as much as WF does.

Well yeah, anything is possible, however WF has had to take on many more RTS' than Gleason. The roster count is up to almost 30.

Did training on the new bus yesterday w/c operates slightly different, took 5 minutes. Instructor said 30 new buses should be at JG by end of year. Fingers crossed.

230 or 232 was on the B35 this afternoon during the PM rush - Sunset Park bound; I saw it when I was pulling into the Church Avenue stop on the B41.

i didnt see them myself i have some friends that said they had them but i cant say, so whats the hold up at WF i see them all over queens and some in brooklyn so why arent any of them running at westfarm? abd that note why so man RTSs? they keep breaking down every time im on it or on the bus they have a truck working on it smh

Well when you look at it:

230 has been at West Farms since the summer. It's only one bus so it's pretty much goes with whoever takes it out. As time goes on, the lines and times it goes out on will expand. As far as I know, 230 has only been at Zerega once when 4810 was delivered.

NFI_230q.jpg

When it comes down to 1 bus with a random line/time assignment, sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. Now with 230, 232 and 236 at Gleason, it leads us to the thought that WF & JG were switched for delivery especially with JG being short of buses. If that is indeed the case, you won't be seeing the C40LFs for quite a while.

Archived