New Flyer C40LF Discussion

KNIGHTRIDER3:16

I'm also curious about repainting these... The material on the latest buses to come out this year looks different and seems like that was done purposely. Sort of wondering if they'll be able to repaint these buses the same way or what??

The MTA stopped ordering black paint, which was used on the back of buses. Now the MTA wants to order white paint only (they still have blue) but give the buses the vinyl decals with the black window trim and blue stripe. When the bus is due for a repaint, they'll peel off the vinyl, paint the bus white and then apply a new vinyl blue and black decal when the paint dries.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The MTA stopped ordering black paint, which was used on the back of buses. Now the MTA wants to order white paint only (they still have blue) but give the buses the vinyl decals with the black window trim and blue stripe. When the bus is due for a repaint, they'll peel off the vinyl, paint the bus white and then apply a new vinyl blue and black decal when the paint dries.

Didnt the black paint order stopped after some newer O-7 NGs?

College Point is getting 45, as per Knightrider since he works there

WF should get the least amount,

Spring Creek should get enough to replace those Hybirds to Basiley Park,JFK,LGA or Eastchester

JG, Should get a large bacth of them, (make them mostly New Flyer,They have the most parts for them) to bump the Orion VII's to WF

This makes more sesne than anything

Apparently, the SC OGs are suppose to be bumped from SC to make JFK almost all Hyshits. Leaving a few Orion Vs.

I don't even care that they aren't LFR's!!! That baby looks good!!!!!:drool:

I can't wait to see them run out of College Point and Spring Creek, West Farms, AND Gleason!

I wonder if all BC and TA destination codes were uploaded into the Luminators!?:P

I don't even care that they aren't LFR's!!! That baby looks good!!!!!:drool:

I can't wait to see them run out of College Point and Spring Creek, West Farms, AND Gleason!

I wonder if all BC and TA destination codes were uploaded into the Luminators!?:P

I tried but only MTAB codes ,However this bus right now is at West Farm and will return in a couple of day...I Pray they dont touch the luminator after they input NYCT codes upon return to CPT

PHOTOS ARE on 1st Page everyone

Love the bus

Like ENY said I dont care that we didnt get C40LFRs these kick ass.

Sucks we cant hear the power under the hood.

Im assuming its a Cummins ISL and an Allison B400

Paper model for those interested-

2011_NYCB_NFI_230-1.png

New%20Flyer%20C40LF%20%28NYCMTA%29%20%28part%202%29.png

Awesome photos... this is my favorite LF bus model, they older ones in Gleason are great buses, love em! Seeing how sexy this bus looks, I ain't even mad that there not LFRs, if they have that bounce that the 8-900 C40LF have... that would be foamtastic!

After seeing more pics of this bus, I am doing a full 180 degree turn and I'm back to being excited about this bus. This bus looks damn good and I'm really feeling the interior. The inside is all 2011 not 2001 and there are updates to this look on the outside that makes it look very different from the original C40LF's. For that, I approve of this bus and I can't wait to see it crusing down my neighborhood on the Q50 one day! :cool::cool::tup::tup:

The bus looks too boxy, especially those doors. Otherwise, nice bus. :tup:

And the Jackie Gleason C40LF's are losing their sturdiness too fast. There are some buses that feel like they have no suspension at all.

Hey fellow Members thanks for the comments and as soon as I can I will get that engine ....prproblem was Everybody DOB...SUPTS. AGM EVerybody was there so I pulled off what I could so again thanks ......also thanks for making this a big deal ....if your wondering, yes I like these better then the Ones we currently have.

Archived