New Flyer C40LF Discussion

KNIGHTRIDER3:16

these are actually really nice buses...i wonder why TA doesn't do a test run with the straight diesel version of this bus

I've been wondering that since we got the C40LF's in the late 90's. It makes no sense to me at all but this is the (MTA) we're talking about here.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The new C40LF looks good. The only problem will be is the crowding. Instead of having one seaters they should make them two seaters and add more rows.

Do that and there goes aisle space.

I noticed that the bus says New York City Bus. Does this mean that the (MTA) bus routes will all become NYCT buses and drop the MTA bus sign completely?

Nope, 230 belongs to West Farms. The bus will be at College Point for training but the buses for Spring Creek and College Point will say MTA Bus.

these are actually really nice buses...i wonder why TA doesn't do a test run with the straight diesel version of this bus

Basically we are. 90 New Flyer diesels are due to be delivered by years end. They are XD40's which are very similar to that LF model with the exception of the exterior, the floor, and a few other changes.

When I was walking around this bus I noticed good standee space.

i was thinking the same thing as i was looking at the pictures

Basically we are. 90 New Flyer diesels are due to be delivered by years end. They are XD40's which are very similar to that LF model with the exception of the exterior, the floor, and a few other changes.

XD40 as in Xcelsior?

Something also I forgot to add,In the rear door way you will hear that Automated males voice saying something.

Oh, the "touch yellow tape to open door" and "doors closing" announcements.

Technically though, with them having a 1x2 vs the NG: 2x1 seating, all they really did was cut one seat. the aisle space is more or less the same isn't it?

It's more of the layout than anything that increases the space. With the 1x2 you have a full two-person width aisle all the way back rather than having that pole right there before the rear door reducing the aisle to one person wide with the 2x1.

:confused: Why did they get these rather than xcelsior or c40lfr? not only do i think the newer ones look much nicer, but i thought they stopped making the regular lf models and replaced them with all lfr models. ??????? also does anyone know why they dont have the warning lights next to the front destination sign? :confused:

:confused: Why did they get these rather than xcelsior or c40lfr? not only do i think the newer ones look much nicer, but i thought they stopped making the regular lf models and replaced them with all lfr models. ??????? also does anyone know why they dont have the warning lights next to the front destination sign? :confused:

b/c the world is a better place now...lol, but seriously they probably don't think the hoodlum lights are necessary now that the destination signs that display the emergency message are orange high visibility LED's instead of the dull green flip dots.

On your last Q - the first local buses ordered by the MTA to not have the hooligan lights were the LFS artics, followed by the rigids of the same.

• 2 weeks later...

New Flyer personnel was aboard 230 when in SVC. and I'm hearing great things on how the bus is holding up to the routes so Sept. we should start seeing these Roll in but again I'll keep ya posted .

Q64 and Q25 are so far the only routes thus far to be tested on.;)

First one has arrived and yes pics to come later

SPECIAL Thanks to CS for really helping me out with all this movement...Now thats A Mod that works

KRgoods462.jpgKRgoods465.jpgKRgoods464.jpgKRgoods468.jpgKRgoods473.jpgKRgoods478.jpgKRgoods482.jpgKRgoods481.jpgKRgoods470.jpg

FOAM ON and enjoy

All the new buses are so fresh looking when they're new. It's a shame that have to slap all of the advertising on it. What I never understood is why they have the MTA logo on the front of the bus if they're just gonna put an add over it?!

Archived