New Flyer C40LF Discussion

KNIGHTRIDER3:16

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Had my first ride on 230 yesterday on the Q64.

And then early this morning, got a ride on an older Flyer on the Q25 that the driver said was a 'training bus' to familiarize the drivers with Flyers in anticipation of getting more new ones in their fleet.

I never rode Flyers prior to these two, so didn't have enough time to formulate a thorough opinion of them in comparison with the Orions. But they seemed to have a lower ceiling inside than the Orions.

Darn... So 230 wont run on the Q38?

Now that I heard the fall / winter pick will include the Q38 going back to LGA, I wont see the C40LFs in service on the Q38 :(.

Not to get off-topic, but a few hours ago 801 passed by my house in service on the Q38. I got it coming back NIS.

Also, isn't CP supposed to get all the old C40LF's, then when the entire order of new C40LF's come in they will retire the old ones?

Darn... So 230 wont run on the Q38?

Now that I heard the fall / winter pick will include the Q38 going back to LGA, I wont see the C40LFs in service on the Q38 :(.

Not to get off-topic, but a few hours ago 801 passed by my house in service on the Q38. I got it coming back NIS.

Also, isn't CP supposed to get all the old C40LF's, then when the entire order of new C40LF's come in they will retire the old ones?

Thats because a fellow Breaker took it and he does the Q38 so keep an eye for it tomorrow cuz he loves that bus and as for 230 it's been in Training Mode around Bayside and Mitchell Gardens Flushing with lots of Bus ops so I'm guessing good news for August Sept. from what I hear:tup:

Thats because a fellow Breaker took it and he does the Q38 so keep an eye for it tomorrow cuz he loves that bus

aargh... I'm doing a subway trip tomorrow so I don't think I can catch it :(.

Heres a video:

• 4 weeks later...

yesterday as i was doing the BxM7A around 12ish south bound to the city in the bronx heading towars zerega av, sure enough 2400 was right behind coming down the hill heading towards the draw bridge. Most likly it was heading to zerega. From what i seen in my mirrors its a nice looking bus.Also at the same time CNG40 811 with JG stickers was on the other side mostly coming from zerega heading towards the whitestone maybe to CP or back to JG depot. P.S. KR did you guys get 811.

• 2 weeks later...
Is the interior noticeably different from the old C40LFs?

Yes. We also have pictures of the new interior. Would you like those printed on embroidered paper and hand-delivered to you on a silver platter so that you don't have to use your precious fingers turning back several pages to find the photos yourself?

EDIT: You don't even have to turn back several pages. There is a photo of the interior in the very first post. Clearly, your time is too precious for you to even read a single post.

Yes. We also have pictures of the new interior. Would you like those printed on embroidered paper and hand-delivered to you on a silver platter so that you don't have to use your precious fingers turning back several pages to find the photos yourself?

EDIT: You don't even have to turn back several pages. There is a photo of the interior in the very first post. Clearly, your time is too precious for you to even read a single post.

Was such a nasty response warranted? Clearly you have a Chicken Pot Pie or something stuck up your a$$.

I wasn't asking for you to just give me the pics. Now I know. Thank you.

EDIT: Yes I already saw the picture in the first post, but there is no side to side comparision of the old ones. I don't think going off the C40LFs here in LA is accurate as this varies from agency to agency-especially seating arrangement.

Was such a nasty response warranted? Clearly you have a Chicken Pot Pie or something stuck up your a$$.

I wasn't asking for you to just give me the pics. Now I know. Thank you.

EDIT: Yes I already saw the picture in the first post, but there is no side to side comparision of the old ones. I don't think going off the C40LFs here in LA is accurate as this varies from agency to agency-especially seating arrangement.

Apparently, Googling is too time-consuming for you, too.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=nyc+mta+c40lf+interior

• 1 month later...

Archived