NJ Bus Zones

Okay I think I'm getting the hang of the zone system and NJ transport in general.

1. With an unlimited pass, it doesnt matter what zones you travel in. With a 2zone pass, you can take any bus and cross any 2 zones, switchover to another bus which travels 2 zones again and still be okay right?

2. Where does the Go 28 bus stop in Market Street?

Google Maps doesnt seem to show 28 on the broad street bus stop :s

3. Does Go 28 charge you extra money to place yuor suitcase in their baggage part of bus?

- Thanks

Okay I think I'm getting the hang of the zone system and NJ transport in general.

1. With an unlimited pass, it doesnt matter what zones you travel in. With a 2zone pass, you can take any bus and cross any 2 zones, switchover to another bus which travels 2 zones again and still be okay right?

2. Where does the Go 28 bus stop in Market Street?

Google Maps doesnt seem to show 28 on the broad street bus stop :s

3. Does Go 28 charge you extra money to place yuor suitcase in their baggage part of bus?

- Thanks

1) With an x zone pass, you can take any bus ride within x zones.

2) Intersection of Broad St & Market St. On Google Maps, its the stop on the lower-right of the intersection.

3) It's a transit bus, you'll have to carry your bags onboard.

For GoBus#28, you could just put your luggage on luggage rack and there are no fee.

Only when you exit, as GoBus's policy, EXIT AT REAR.

Just remember GoBus#28 has two branches and only VIA BROAD ST STATIONS stops near Broad St Station on Newark City Subway Lightrail Station. Paid $2.20 (include transfer fee) and after you got transfer slip, hold onto transfer slip as you get on Newark City Subway Lightrail.

All GoBus#28 bus shelters will be outside passenger terminal and only NJT #62 1-Zone cost $1.50 one way, but make sure to get on Newark Penn Station-bound.

So if I buy X zone pass, i cant ride 81L?

If you buy a bus pass with 10 zones you can ride the 81L.

X=10 Zones

81L is a few zones long so im going to say 3 zones so X=3 Zones.

If you get a NJT Bus Pass it has a printed number of zones you can ride on any route. To use the pass going to New York you need to buy Interstate Bus Pass. A Intrastate Bus Pass you can only use in NJ. If you get on a route and the zone number printed on your pass isnt enough to get you to your point B the driver will ask you to pay the difference.

If you buy a bus pass with 10 zones you can ride the 81L.

X=10 Zones

81L is a few zones long so im going to say 3 zones so X=3 Zones.

If you get a NJT Bus Pass it has a printed number of zones you can ride on any route. To use the pass going to New York you need to buy Interstate Bus Pass. A Intrastate Bus Pass you can only use in NJ. If you get on a route and the zone number printed on your pass isnt enough to get you to your point B the driver will ask you to pay the difference.

The 81 is two zones (Local and Express).

Just remember GoBus#28 has two branches and only VIA BROAD ST STATIONS stops near Broad St Station on Newark City Subway Lightrail Station. Paid $2.20 (include transfer fee) and after you got transfer slip, hold onto transfer slip as you get on Newark City Subway Lightrail.

All GoBus#28 bus shelters will be outside passenger terminal and only NJT #62 1-Zone cost $1.50 one way, but make sure to get on Newark Penn Station-bound.

I'll be honest, I was with you until you said Newark City Subway Lightrail Station. I thought Go28 was only a bus journey?

I'll be honest, I was with you until you said Newark City Subway Lightrail Station. I thought Go28 was only a bus journey?

You don't need to take the light rail anywhere. If you don't want to walk from Broad and Market to Penn, take the bus to Broad St (make sure it says so on the destination sign) and catch the light rail back south to Penn.

Not really necessary, just walk.

You don't need to take the light rail anywhere. If you don't want to walk from Broad and Market to Penn, take the bus to Broad St (make sure it says so on the destination sign) and catch the light rail back south to Penn.

Not really necessary, just walk.

Okay last question,

is google maps an accurate representation of NJTransit route durations and timings?

Okay last question,

is google maps an accurate representation of NJTransit route durations and timings?

For the most part it is. I usually double check on NJ Transit's website whenever I'm looking at Google, so I would suggest the same.

Yeah, Google Maps is ok but it's not always updated unlike NJT, which updates their information on bus stops and times more frequently than Google does. Google is a nice ADDITIONAL information source, but I wouldn't use it for your MAIN information source. I'd stick to NJT's website.

Archived