Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
R10 2952

Court Square Connection

What is the current status of the Court Square connection? It seems that the opening has been significantly delayed. Does anyone know why? When is the connection expected to open?

What is the current status of the Court Square connection? It seems that the opening has been significantly delayed. Does anyone know why? When is the connection expected to open?

It's 100% done, but legal issues with Citibank are preventing it from opening until they're resolved.

legal issues with Citibank are preventing it from opening until they're resolved.

What sort of legal issues?:confused: Does this mean that the opening of the connection is being postponed indefinitely?

It's 100% done, but legal issues with Citibank are preventing it from opening until they're resolved.

It's Citi Bank who are they to stall. The MTA has everything it needs and makes A NY Sized Load of $$$ Why Do They Have To Halt.

Edited by King Of RedBirds
Oops

It's Citibank, if it's legal issues I'm going to assume because of the connection overlapping certain properties?

It's Citibank, if it's legal issues I'm going to assume because of the connection overlapping certain properties?

Exactly. Part of the connection lies on ground owned by Citibank, and no agreement has been reached that would allow transit to use that ground. Stupid if you ask me, but that's the legality of the situation.

Exactly. Part of the connection lies on ground owned by Citibank, and no agreement has been reached that would allow transit to use that ground. Stupid if you ask me, but that's the legality of the situation.

Where was this when the connection was being built?

I don't know how Citibank owns the land for the connection. Citibank no longer owns the building having done a sale and leaseback in 2005. Citi built the connection between the G and E/M tracks allowing COurt square to become the terminus stop for the G. The connection runs south of Citibank Tower under Jackson Avenue. The story does not seem to make sense. It is a major frustration especially as one can see what is apparently a 100% finished project.

Where was this when the connection was being built?

Yes, where was this?

It seems someone at MTA was 'asleep at the switch', when this project started apparently before an agreement was reached. So now this expensive project will be made more so by a feeding frenzy for the legal staffs involved in litigation?

It could be over money (most likely), or possibly liability issues, or responsibility for maintenance.

I don't know how Citibank owns the land for the connection. Citibank no longer owns the building having done a sale and leaseback in 2005. Citi built the connection between the G and E/M tracks allowing COurt square to become the terminus stop for the G. The connection runs south of Citibank Tower under Jackson Avenue. The story does not seem to make sense. It is a major frustration especially as one can see what is apparently a 100% finished project.

At the ends of the E/M platforms near this passageway, on the walls are what looks like could be a Citibank logo sign that has been covered up ever since this opened. Does anyone know the story behind that?

Wouldn't it be incredible if that had some bearing on the whole matter?

I'm wondering what's going on with the passage connected with the new Bank of America Tower that was supposed to connect 6th and 7th along 42nd, with an exit in the new mid-block arcade. You can see the beginning of it on the 6th Ave. side, and even the red globe in front of the arcade.

Is that a legal thing too?

Guest lance25

photo.jpg

Courtesy Second Avenue Sagas

Took them long enough.