CDC Warns Public to Prepare for 'Zombie Apocalypse'

mark1447

Are you prepared for the impending zombie invasion?

That's the question posed by the Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention in a Monday blog posting gruesomely titled, "Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse." And while it's no joke, CDC officials say it's all about emergency preparation.

"There are all kinds of emergencies out there that we can prepare for," the posting reads. "Take a zombie apocalypse for example. That's right, I said z-o-m-b-i-e a-p-o-c-a-l-y-p-s-e. You may laugh now, but when it happens you'll be happy you read this, and hey, maybe you'll even learn a thing or two about how to prepare for a real emergency."

The post, written by Assistant Surgeon General Ali Khan, instructs readers how to prepare for "flesh-eating zombies" much like how they appeared in Hollywood hits like "Night of the Living Dead" and video games like Resident Evil. Perhaps surprisingly, the same steps you'd take in preparation for an onslaught of ravenous monsters are similar to those suggested in advance of a hurricane or pandemic.

"First of all, you should have an emergency kit in your house," the posting continues. "This includes things like water, food, and other supplies to get you through the first couple of days before you can locate a zombie-free refugee camp (or in the event of a natural disaster, it will buy you some time until you are able to make your way to an evacuation shelter or utility lines are restored)."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/05/18/cdc-warns-public-prepare-zombie-apocalypse/#ixzz1MquI7Q2Q

You can't be f**king serious......They think zombies are real?!?! You know what this is? Another dumbass with sh*t in their pants who is crazy enough to think ZOMBIES....are going to kill us on May 21st! Whoever thought of that horsecrap at the CDC should be fired. Scaring people like this.....wtf is up with some people.

Yes I would want to have at least a SPAS-12 or something like that. They can't just tell us to lock ourselves in our houses and then when a zombie breaks in(listen to me I'm talking as if I'm playing BlackOps.) we gotta sit there and let them feast our brains. We gotta have some type of defense.

Yes I would want to have at least a SPAS-12 or something like that. They can't just tell us to lock ourselves in our houses and then when a zombie breaks in(listen to me I'm talking as if I'm playing BlackOps.) we gotta sit there and let them feast our brains. We gotta have some type of defense.

I think you guys missed the point of this humorous attempt to educate people about hurricanes and other disasters

1. Cardio
  2. The Double Tap
  3. Beware of Bathrooms
  4. Wear Seat Belts
  5. No Attachments
  6. The “Skillet”
  7. Travel Light
  8. Get a Kick Ass Partner
  9. With your Bare Hands
  10. Don’t Swing Low
  11. Use Your Foot
  12. Bounty Paper Towels
  13. Shake it Off
  14. Always carry a change of underwear
  15. Bowling Ball
  16. Opportunity Knocks
  17. Don’t be a hero (later crossed out to be a hero)
  18. Limber Up
  19. Break it Up
  20. It’s a marathon, not a sprint, unless it’s a sprint, then sprint
  21. Avoid Strip Clubs
  22. When in doubt Know your way out
  23. Zipplock
  24. Use your thumbs
  25. Shoot First
  26. A little sun screen never hurt anybody
  27. Incoming!
  28. Double-Knot your Shoes
  29. The Buddy System
  30. Pack your stain stick
  31. Check the back seat
  32. Enjoy the little things
  33. Swiss army Knife

Tell em to BRING IT !!!!!

Zombieland is full of win...I don't know when it's coming on TV, and I watched it on Netflix. But when you do get a chance to watch it go ahead, you won't be disappointed.

It's a good thing New York and New Jersey believe that gun control will keep guns out of peoples' hands. Now we can all die quicker if something that REQUIRES guns ever happens.

Lol, sadly true. Damn politicians. The nerve they have while they are always getting armed guards to protect them.

I got a sword in my room. Bring it un-dead people! I'll be choppin em up like the slap chop commercial.
Lmao! What kinda sword and is it legal? ;)

Zombieland is full of win...I don't know when it's coming on TV, and I watched it on Netflix. But when you do get a chance to watch it go ahead, you won't be disappointed.
Been wanting to watch it, but haven't. Shaun of the Dead was pretty hilarious.

Archived