Any New B/O's line training today?

Will-Bx-718

Today I was going to work and was waiting for the Bx30 bus, and it was about 10 mins late. When the bus did finally arrive there was a guy in regular dress clothes driving the bus along with a uniformed B/O standing next to him. Once I seen that I figured the guy was line training and just being extra cautious, because he was driving pretty slow, well slower than most B/O's would drive. And he was coming up on the stops slower as well. When I was getting off the bus I congratulated him and wished him good luck with his new career. So my question is was any member of this forum line training on the Bx30 today or on any line today. And did you drive the bus in the same manner he did?.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw training buses out in full force today on University and 8th Street in Greenwich Village today. There was an RTS from QV, an RTS from 126th Street, and another one whose depot sticker I could not see.

saw one on the fdr drive passing 23 rd street exit i was right behind it to

I saw training buses out in full force today on University and 8th Street in Greenwich Village today. There was an RTS from QV, an RTS from 126th Street, and another one whose depot sticker I could not see.

I was on one of those RTS doing training. The bus that you missed was ENY, that's the depot they have me report to every mourning till I'm done with training. And by the way today was day 6. So tomorrow is day 7 to see if we get qualify or if we need additional training.

I was on one of those RTS doing training. The bus that you missed was ENY, that's the depot they have me report to every mourning till I'm done with training. And by the way today was day 6. So tomorrow is day 7 to see if we get qualify or if we need additional training.

Cool! Glad to get to talk to one of the new B/O's. Let me tell you, seeing a QV RTS all the way down there gave me quite a shock, especially when I saw the whole line of RTS's going down University Place.

How did you find driving down in the Village? I know I can't stand it in my sedan, much less a big ol' RTS. Do they think that if you can drive down there, you can drive pretty much anywhere, lol?

Good luck tomorrow! How has your training experience been overall?

Glad to hear you're doing well, and good luck qualifying tomorrow, we're all routing for you. And also how's training been thus far?.

Cool! Glad to get to talk to one of the new B/O's. Let me tell you, seeing a QV RTS all the way down there gave me quite a shock, especially when I saw the whole line of RTS's going down University Place.

How did you find driving down in the Village? I know I can't stand it in my sedan, much less a big ol' RTS. Do they think that if you can drive down there, you can drive pretty much anywhere, lol?

Good luck tomorrow! How has your training experience been overall?

Hey first and most I would like to thank every one for there help on giving me a lot of useful information on the B/O title. I made it on day 7 which was great, @QM1 I found driving down in the village a bit challenging lol. The turn I did off 14st to union sq was a bit crazy, not only you have cars, bikes and pedestrians all around. The turn was a acute turn which made everything worst lol,but I did made and qualified on day 7. Days 5 and 6 was ruff, we had to sit in that drivers seat for like a hour better up and down the city lol. A special thanks goes out to willbx718,RTS4Life,locomotive,ENY,CPBO,KNIGHTRIDER3:13. And I forgetting a couple of ppl, if I did give me a holla so I can give you a shout out:tup: Tim66 once again congrats to you again bro, what depot they got you in. The depot I report to is college point, so KNIGHTRIDER and CPBO I'm coming to your depot would like to meet you guys in person, so you can show me around and give some tips on how the system works. Can't wait to train on those new CNG C40;):tup:

Hey first and most I would like to thank every one for there help on giving me a lot of useful information on the B/O title. I made it on day 7 which was great, @QM1 I found driving down in the village a bit challenging lol. The turn I did off 14st to union sq was a bit crazy, not only you have cars, bikes and pedestrians all around. The turn was a acute turn which made everything worst lol,but I did made and qualified on day 7. Days 5 and 6 was ruff, we had to sit in that drivers seat for like a hour better up and down the city lol. A special thanks goes out to willbx718,RTS4Life,locomotive,ENY,CPBO,KNIGHTRIDER3:13. And I forgetting a couple of ppl, if I did give me a holla so I can give you a shout out:tup: Tim66 once again congrats to you again bro, what depot they got you in. The depot I report to is college point, so KNIGHTRIDER and CPBO I'm coming to your depot would like to meet you guys in person, so you can show me around and give some tips on how the system works. Can't wait to train on those new CNG C40;):tup:

Congrats BX, I had no doubt that you would make it thru wit flying colors. Just be sure to let harry know that your a B/O now, so he can change the title under your name. Once again congrats and good luck on year one, probie year. I would suggest you do night tours and , don't do any OT so you can have the least amount of exposure to the public as possible. So that you don't rack up any customer complaints while your a probie. Thats how I skated thru my first year w/o incident.

Congrats!!! Hope to see you operating a QM1/5/6 soon, lol.

And yeah, the 14th street turns are absolute HELL. If you can make them in a bus, I think you can make a turn anywhere.

Congrats!!! Hope to see you operating a QM1/5/6 soon, lol.

And yeah, the 14th street turns are absolute HELL. If you can make them in a bus, I think you can make a turn anywhere.

Thanks QM1, hope to see you on my bus soon as well, I start line training thursday. The turns on 14 st is absolute hell, but I did it and glad I did it on day 7.

Going to be interesting for him when he is working the Q100 line which

goes to Rikers island,:eek:

Ah the Q100 ain't so bad. I worked it when it was the Steinway Transit Q101 and we had fishbowls with no A/C. I worked it on the weekends and hawks and even when it still went to 59th st after QSC formed.

Thanks QM1, hope to see you on my bus soon as well, I start line training thursday. The turns on 14 st is absolute hell, but I did it and glad I did it on day 7.

Cool! Do you get a choice of lines to operate after you do line training, or are you stuck with whatever they assign you?

Ah the Q100 ain't so bad. I worked it when it was the Steinway Transit Q101 and we had fishbowls with no A/C. I worked it on the weekends and hawks and even when it still went to 59th st after QSC formed.

Wait you work for LGA cause I'm in that depot,which today I did line training on the Q69 which was not bad it was a bit busy but not bad.

Wait you work for LGA cause I'm in that depot,which today I did line training on the Q69 which was not bad it was a bit busy but not bad.

I thought you got into College Point? DevilBus used to be a B/O, he is

a dispatcher now. Most of LGA's routes are heavy, did you drive to the

Broadway/74th St bus terminal yet? You have a few lines out of there.

I thought you got into College Point? DevilBus used to be a B/O, he is

a dispatcher now. Most of LGA's routes are heavy, did you drive to the

Broadway/74th St bus terminal yet? You have a few lines out of there.

Well i thought we all was going to college point, cause everyone paper work had said college point.Comes to find out the only reason why it said CP on every body paper work is B/C thats the headquarters for MTA BUS. It was a class of 44,18 went to CP,4 to ECH,and 23 to LGA if i would had pick CP i would had been at the bottom of that sinority list lol. SO i chosse LGA at least i aint at the bottom.The only thing about LGA depot,its old and messed up lol it needs a make over bad.Today was my first day of line training which i did Q69,the routes im doing for the week is as follow Q39,102,67,69 again idk why which i did today but thats what they gave me and the Q23 for the week.

hi what exam did you get hire off did my second drug test today i am on exam 2901 hope i get call for med soon i like to make july class ok thanks

im from exam 2901 my list number was 15. I also had to take a second drung test as well,after my second drug test it took them four days later to call me for my meds. SO look for that call and i hope you know that position is for MTA BUS not MOBSTOA.

Well i thought we all was going to college point, cause everyone paper work had said college point.Comes to find out the only reason why it said CP on every body paper work is B/C thats the headquarters for MTA BUS. It was a class of 44,18 went to CP,4 to ECH,and 23 to LGA if i would had pick CP i would had been at the bottom of that sinority list lol. SO i chosse LGA at least i aint at the bottom.The only thing about LGA depot,its old and messed up lol it needs a make over bad.Today was my first day of line training which i did Q69,the routes im doing for the week is as follow Q39,102,67,69 again idk why which i did today but thats what they gave me and the Q23 for the week.

Well you wanted either or depot I recall right?. Both are just over the White Stone bridge. College Point is closer, but at least your not at the bottom of the seniority roster over there, so that's good.

Well you wanted either or depot I recall right?. Both are just over the White Stone bridge. College Point is closer, but at least your not at the bottom of the seniority roster over there, so that's good.

Yea it was either or but transportation wise, LGA is closer B/C i have been taking the D or 4 train to 125 and take the m60 over which drop me off right in front the bus depot:tup:. The only thing about the depot is that its in bad shape from top to bottom. I think they getting to remodel it,B/C i see alot of contraction equipment around the place.

And no power steering also. They sure don't make them like they used to. It's a short trip, maybe that is why it wasn't so bad.

th_img_1404.jpg

And no power steering also. They sure don't make them like they used to. It's a short trip, maybe that is why it wasn't so bad.

th_img_1404.jpg

Oh God Loco don't get him started...Did you know that lol they had to single handed make A new North Shore Towers time slot because of him lol...I know all about it but DB has paved the way and we are greatful to have him here.

Oh God Loco don't get him started...Did you know that lol they had to single handed make A new North Shore Towers time slot because of him lol...I know all about it but DB has paved the way and we are greatful to have him here.

What's that supposed to mean?

Archived