May 2011 Committee Meeting (bus orders too)

Amtrak7

The only problem is the $2.1 million price tag. That price tag can get you one R160, or two NovaLFSAs with enough left over for a nice Mercedes Benz, or a R62.

Remember the costs would come down when you start mass producing them as well. BC Transit only got them cause of the funding they got for the Winter Olympic games

Remember the costs would come down when you start mass producing them as well. BC Transit only got them cause of the funding they got for the Winter Olympic games

Maybe fuel cells will come down in price, but I'm not holding my breath. Hybrids haven't really come down that much in price relative to diesel or CNG even though the technology is almost 20 years old and every manufacturer now offers one.

The buses or the hydrogen economy?

Maybe fuel cells will come down in price, but I'm not holding my breath. Hybrids haven't really come down that much in price relative to diesel or CNG even though the technology is almost 20 years old and every manufacturer now offers one.

And hydrogen is still at least twenty years away from being somewhat economical, even though IMO its the best fuel alternative.

Artics on Staten Island? Trippers on the S53/S79 from a Brooklyn depot, maybe...

Never. The prevailing past practice is that Staten Island must remain a self-contained world at all times and at all costs:

- no Staten Island bus will do anybody else's work, whether on a route or a subway shuttle;

- nobody else will do Staten Island work, whether on a route or a S.I. Railway shuttle.

Never. The prevailing past practice is that Staten Island must remain a self-contained world at all times and at all costs:

- no Staten Island bus will do anybody else's work, whether on a route or a subway shuttle;

- nobody else will do Staten Island work, whether on a route or a S.I. Railway shuttle.

Huh?

Archived