Hello All

MotormanMike

Hello Everybody ,

I'm Mike , 33 , been a T/O for a year now (finish probation in 2 more weeks - started in the June 4th '07 class - came out of school car in middle of November) ... came upon this site recently , think it's cool ... look forward to chatting with you all ... talk to you soon. B)

Thanks for all the reply's ...

I am in the B division ... I live in South Brooklyn so it's convenient with 95st / Stillwell Ave close by , and I have found for the most part I am usually out of 95 / Stillwell / Brighton Beach / or Astoria although I have worked out of every yard and terminal in the B division at least once except for the Rockaways. I have worked every line in the B division since school car except for the A , J and Shuttles ... I liked the J the times I posted on it , indifferent about the A ... my favorite line to work so far is the N , my least favorite is the C ... (I like to go express , and operate outdoors) ...

DOB2RTO ... gl with coming aboard ... the wait is frustrating , but worth it. I came "off the street" , took the open competitive in 2003 , and got 69 of 70 right , and still took 3 1/2 years to get called , but again , worth the wait ... I know they are hiring T/O's left and right , so you good shot coming aboard soon ... have you been called for the medical / background check yet? ...

Talk to you all later ...

- Mike

DOB2RTO ... gl with coming aboard ... the wait is frustrating , but worth it. I came "off the street" , took the open competitive in 2003 , and got 69 of 70 right , and still took 3 1/2 years to get called , but again , worth the wait ... I know they are hiring T/O's left and right , so you good shot coming aboard soon ... have you been called for the medical / background check yet? ...

- Mike

Actually I was suppose to in February this year, but I got no letter (DCAS sent wrong address to MTA). By the time I found out and went, the next class was full (March 17 class). I took the 2003 exam also. This time I will keep calling, especially since I know who to talk to, and have her number. Letters suppose to be coming out this month, as she told me they suppose to be calling starting by the end of this month, or the beginning of next month. At least I don't have to fill out anymore applications, since that already was done. I do have the Manila envelope with the 5,000 pieces of paper to fill out. I will be partially off the street, since I took it O/C. I have been a B/O with a bad B/O for two+ years for MaBSTOA, so naturally they will (actually they have already) check my record here.

It feels good to almost be done with probation primarily because it represents the completion of something , which is the first full year. It's also good in the event one needs to use sick time. You don't want to call out sick while on probation. I did once , and got a doctors note to verify it , but still , it's very important to stay healthy the first year.

As far as operation goes , whether it's your first day or end of 25 years , the rules are the rules. If you hit a signal , have a station overun , etc. you're in for it one way or the other. Actually , you'll be given more of a break as a 'probie' then as a 'vet' ...

By this point the TSS's all know who's who and if you couldn't operate you'd be long gone. The TSS's still ride our trains from time to time but really it's not a big deal because we all know what to do by now , and as long as you show them respect they give it back. I haven't had a single problem with a TSS since I came out. Maybe I was lucky , just saying my experience ... I will be happy when it's over though. The trick from that point is just to always pay attention like you were a 'probie' no matter how long you've been on.

Actually I was suppose to in February this year, but I got no letter (DCAS sent wrong address to MTA). By the time I found out and went, the next class was full (March 17 class). I took the 2003 exam also. This time I will keep calling, especially since I know who to talk to, and have her number. Letters suppose to be coming out this month, as she told me they suppose to be calling starting by the end of this month, or the beginning of next month. At least I don't have to fill out anymore applications, since that already was done. I do have the Manila envelope with the 5,000 pieces of paper to fill out. I will be partially off the street, since I took it O/C. I have been a B/O with a bad B/O for two+ years for MaBSTOA, so naturally they will (actually they have already) check my record here.

Originally I was slated for the April 30th 2007 class , and I just missed it. By April 22nd or so I was wondering what was up and I called and got the run around ... I went into May assuming I'd get called by the end of the year , then in Mid-May they let me know out of the blue that the class was going in end of May ... then they sent out letters cancelling that class which almost gave me a heart attack until I got a phone call the following day (phew!) that the class had only been postponed a week until June 4th ... lol ... I know what you're going through but sounds like you're close ... when you get in if you pick B division let me know , maybe I'll get the chance to train you one of your road posting days ... just don't hit a home signal on me! ... lol ...

• 3 weeks later...

Oh yeah Mike Welcome again forgot to put it on the offical welcome tread.It just hit me like a Homeball Lol! I think I know who you are by face I think I use to see you at CIYD with your class. I be leaving the Yd to D/H to Bay Pkwy as your class would be coming in PM School car right? The reason why I think I know is because I seen someone from that class on a MOD trip that was suppose to go to the Rockaways but ended up at Lefferts.

It could be your or a classmate that was really in to thier job. Ofcause all of use that post here me including seem to be really in to it.

Archived