N20/21 Question.

R188 7857

Ok, so I have this question to ask. Today, I wanted to ride LIB fromt Flushing to Francis Lewis Blvd, I missed the Hicksville 10:30 bus, so I caught the 10:45 Roslyn bus. I asked the B/O if the bus stops at Francis Lewis, he said no, take the Q12. But, I see N20 Hicksville signs at Francis Lewis. My questions is: Does the N20 Hicksville/N21 really stop at Francis Lewis? :confused::confused:

Long Island Bus stop on Francis Lewis Blvd, but all Long Island Bus routes only pickup passengers going to Nassau County and drop off only on return trip while N33 is closed door in City of Long Beach.

IMG_1277.jpg

Only buses that are opened door in Queens are

N24: Open-door in Queens as far west as 239 Street.

N31/N32/N33 Open Door in Far Rockaway.

The b/o is right...

It's closed door in Queens (meaning, heading towards Nassau, you can get on in Queens.... but you can't ride within Queens on an LIB), so, no.....

You see the signs there b/c they do stop there to pick up passengers.....

Long Island Bus stop on Francis Lewis Blvd, but all Long Island Bus routes only pickup passengers going to Nassau County.

IMG_1277.jpg

What if someone boards the bus at a stop in Queens and you want to get off the bus? Is that aloud?

What if someone boards the bus at a stop in Queens and you want to get off the bus? Is that aloud?

No. You can't get off the bus only get on the bus heading to Nassau. You can only get off if your in Queens, heading to a Queens terminal(Westbound). You can get off right after the border of Queens, in Nassau(or around the border), but thats it. You have NYCT/Bus Co. providing service into Queens.

Its like in Philadelphia, NJT buses can't drop off passengers for those within Philly, you can only get on to head to New Jersey and get off only to head into Philly.. Septa provides get on and drop off for Philly.

"NO." Is this your 1st time on LI Bus Casey? If so they have a long time rule that buses towards Nassau County, it only for pick up. Designed to speed the trip.

Going back to Queens, LI Buses like the N20/21 for instance only drops off after I think Little Neck Parkway. For service to Flushing they use the (Q12) Local.

Just like a Metro North train stopping only at 125th Street for pickup for long distance trips to either New Haven or Poughkeepsie. A rider only going to

125th is not supposed to get off.

Hope you understand?

Even if they made mistake, they're not allowed.

Depends on B/O, I remember one time when I was going to get petition from LIB rider, one of Q20 passenger made mistake and boarded N20, and since this B/O was friendly, he let her off.

Another time, when I was coming back from short Jones Beach trip on N88 after June 27th, 2010 cut, I took N4 bus to Freeport for N88 and one of man was trying to get off at Merrick Blvd, and he told him next time not to make mistake and he did not know about LIB Policy.

I took N4 bus into Jamaica Center, where this friendly B/O pickup Q85 passenger because of heavey rain.

On June 21st 2010, when I was going hunt for N93, N94, N95, one Chinese man who wanted to get off at Little Neck Parkway, and after B/O passed, "You didn't stop." and B/O said, "Sorry, next stop is city line."

Long years ago, I don't remember when, but one of lady took N6 LTD mistake and she wanted N1. This friendly B/O try to catch up with N1, but it was impossible because of Pick Up only, and she was happy as she got off Elmont Rd because B/O tried to catch N1 for her.

This also applies for Bee-Line bus except W60-W62 routes and W45.

Long Island Bus stop on Francis Lewis Blvd, but all Long Island Bus routes only pickup passengers going to Nassau County and drop off only on return trip while N33 is closed door in City of Long Beach.

IMG_1277.jpg

Only buses that are opened door in Queens are

N24: Open-door in Queens as far west as 239 Street.

N31/N32/N33 Open Door in Far Rockaway.

You forgot the N8 along Hook Creek Blvd

Long Island Bus only does pickups in Queens but no drop-offs until you reach the Queens/Nassau border with the exception of the N8/N31/32/33

Queens bound buses can only pick up in Nassau but only drop-offs are allowed within Queens.

This is one example of a failure I caught on video:

If every other post has somehow not gotten to you, you cannot ride LIB in the city only. That is why they can't pick people up going in and they can't drop people off coming back into Nassau.

I'm surprised, I normally hear a lot of desperate city folk trying to sneak onto buses from Long Island because they don't feel like taking an actual NYCT route. I was on the N6 Monday and even when the bus stopped where there were quite a few people, they didn't even bother trying to get on.

If every other post has somehow not gotten to you, you cannot ride LIB in the city only. That is why they can't pick people up going in and they can't drop people off coming back into Nassau.

I'm surprised, I normally hear a lot of desperate city folk trying to sneak onto buses from Long Island because they don't feel like taking an actual NYCT route. I was on the N6 Monday and even when the bus stopped where there were quite a few people, they didn't even bother trying to get on.

Bee-Line allows local travel in the Bronx, IIRC.

W42 is also open door along White Plains Rd to 233rd St according to Bee-Line reprensentive.

the new roc'/mt vernon/E 233rd st bus....

yeah, there aint no restrictions on where pax can get on/off, on that line....

same goes w/ the yonkers/nereid av & the bronxville/nereid av buses (25/26)

Archived