N20/21 Question.

R188 7857

You know, it may save the MTA a lot of money to cancel the Q12, and get the N20 to run every 10 minutes on weekdays (not the full route, but to the city line) instead of having both run at the same time down the same road, Northern Blvd). On Saturday, I'd say every twenty minutes and on Sunday, every half hour. That way, there's less confusion like this. Think about it, something like a QN20 LOL

You know, it may save the MTA a lot of money to cancel the Q12, and get the N20 to run every 10 minutes on weekdays (not the full route, but to the city line) instead of having both run at the same time down the same road, Northern Blvd). On Saturday, I'd say every twenty minutes and on Sunday, every half hour. That way, there's less confusion like this. Think about it, something like a QN20 LOL

Then the N20 could become a 3-hour trip if it hits rush hours/weekend traffic on Northern Blvd between Main/Roosevelt and Hicksville. The purpose of the (Q12)is to pick up local riders within Eastern Queens between Flushing and the Queens/Nassau border. Not everyone is going between Great Neck or *further east* and Main/Roosevelt. Plus the (Q12)can get SRO as you aware.

If anything to streamline Eastern Queens portion of Northern Blvd Here a possible idea. The "N21" which is much shorter than the N20 would make more sense to 'merger' with the (Q12). Not endorsing it but making a point.

Other than extending the Q12 to Great Neck at least overnights when the N20/21 are not running,(personally I would also extend it every other bus Monday-Saturday and all trips on Sundays/Overnights, I would leave the N20/21 alone.

I'd rather not have the Q12 cut, thats my home route!

Did they change it?

Because I learned from Bee-Line representavie,

W1, W2, W3, W4, W20, W40, W41 was closed door.

I would ask again.

Only on Boston Rd with the BL-60, 61 and 62. 45 on Pelham Bridge Rd too

W42 is also open door along White Plains Rd to 233rd St according to Bee-Line reprensentive.

I thought it would be closed-door until 241 St NB since the (Bx39) and (2) are there

the new roc'/mt vernon/E 233rd st bus....

yeah, there aint no restrictions on where pax can get on/off, on that line....

same goes w/ the yonkers/nereid av & the bronxville/nereid av buses (25/26)

I always thought Bee-Line was closed door besides for the 60 and 61 on Boston Road. You can't ride the 60 or 61 on Fordham Road only.

I got proof from Bee-Line representative, so I'll post Bee-Line Bus territory closed door policy along with other services in Regional Transit section.

Made mistake with W42.

• 6 months later...

On Monday the Dec 5th, when I was on late 9:13 N4 Freeport departed 9:23, after passing Springfield Blvd, someone pressed STOP REQUEST, and that lady were confused why bus didn"t stop. She ask B/O and that B/O stop for her.

Some folks sometimes don't know closed door policy.

It also happened on N6 Hempstead few days before the meeting, someone try to get off on Jamaica Av portion, where N24 drops off begins.

On Bee-Line bus, it's same situation, but B/O sometimes don"t say anything.

On Monday the Dec 5th, when I was on late 9:13 N4 Freeport departed 9:23, after passing Springfield Blvd, someone pressed STOP REQUEST, and that lady were confused why bus didn"t stop. She ask B/O and that B/O stop for her.

Some folks sometimes don't know closed door policy.

It also happened on N6 Hempstead few days before the meeting, someone try to get off on Jamaica Av portion, where N24 drops off begins.

On Bee-Line bus, it's same situation, but B/O sometimes don"t say anything.

you are forgetting how stupid ppl are

ok, I'll answer this even though this is a somewhat of an old thread. I've been a on & off rider of the N20/N21 for quite sometime. I can't speak for other LIB lines but can make an assessment for this one.

I would say about 70% of the time, you press the bell in queens going eastbound, they won't stop and you can only get off when someone gets on. I've personally seen this many times.

Now the 20% or so is sometimes they will stop if you ask but they usually go about about 5-15 blocks past where you want to get off. I see it as sort of a punishment for taking the LIB when you should take the queens Q buses. And last about 10% or so won't let you off & will take you all the way to LI county line. I know at least 2 LIB drivers that will hold you hostage to the county line even if someone is getting on.

Its a decent mix of people getting on the LIB by accident vs people who are trying to game the system. Meaning they want the so call express of the LIB but to serve them in a special way over local queens bus. Is it worth it? Usually not really worth it in my opinion. I am somewhat befuddled why queens people do this risking going 15 blocks pass their stop or being pulled all the way to queens county line.

Now strategy wise, best time for queens people to do this is during busy rush hour. The odds of LIB picking up people at popular stops in queens is high, so getting off is easier. But rushover LIB can be very crowded as well.

ok so what parts of N20 have highest ridership how many folk are using it from great neck to queens. I know the short turns to there are useless as most ppl are going beyond gret neck from queens. Am I right?

If you were to create a new LI to queens route via LIE where should it originate how long should it stay on LIE and where in queens should it go (do not say jamacia) should it get off for northern blvd at exit 33 or continue?

Archived