Car maintenance question

So, I was wondering what does the usual maintenance for a subway car include. Except for cleaning and new brakes, which I'm assuming are necessary now and then what else do they do to the cars? How often do they need service? And last question(s): why did the corona yard need a new maintenance facility for NTTs? Don't the other yards, which handle NTTs, need one too?

So, I was wondering what does the usual maintenance for a subway car include. Except for cleaning and new brakes, which I'm assuming are necessary now and then what else do they do to the cars? How often do they need service? And last question(s): why did the corona yard need a new maintenance facility for NTTs? Don't the other yards, which handle NTTs, need one too?

for your first two questions i'm clueless on that. for your last question, the corona yard needed to be upgraded because pre-2000 the corona yard could not handle the NTTs that's why when the redbirds retired from the(7)line the (MTA) used R62A instead.also the upgrade was necessary because the(MTA) are ordering the R188 cars. yes the other yards got upgrades to handle the NTTs.

Archived