PathRider here. I'm no troll... though I think I may sound like one. (hmmm, I need to work on that)

PathRider

Hi everyone,

So I'm pretty psyched about finding this forum. I'm looking into making the best subway app ever, and away from stalking ppl on the train (which i think is equally scary for me as for passengers)...it's always great to find a group of passionate folks who are interested in the topic (in this case the NYC transit system)

While I may not know the difference between a new PA4 and a PA5 train...I'm the person who always has to know the best time to reach the station, exactly where to stand for speedy exit...and when a 2 min delay requires me to run to the next line...simply because I'm an 'efficiency maximizer' (yeah..I'm sticking with that...now to make it viral :)

Anyways, I'm glad to meet you all, and instead of bringing cookies for everyone, I've brought a poll. I know... ain't I thoughtful? See the details below and thanks for all your great insight ...I plan to call upon it a lot over the next few months.

-------

NYCTFMs,

I'm considering making (yet another :confused: ) mobile app for the local transit system here, but wanted to better understand what features and benefits current and future users really care about.

I've set up a short survey I'd specifically love for NYCTransit Forum members interested in helping shape the best transit app EVERRRR to fill out. *

Yes...You've used the rest (iTrans, NYC Mate, CityTransit, etc)... help shape the best. *Go ahead...fill out the survey...You know you want to. :(

so...tell me What I need to know to make the best transit app EVER just for YOU.

This poll is not city specific...but feel free to include your local city and fav apps in the form.

Thanks for sharing your insights and experience.

-PR

---------

P.S: Now that I've explained myself...I sound less troll-y right :cool:

Welcome to NYCTF!

The difference between the PA4s and PA5s is really easy to see. The PA5s have digital signs on the side and the interiors have blue seats. The front of the train is blue but if its night and you cant tell which is which, look to see if there is a blue, red, yellow, or blue/yellow sign above the PATH train.

Greetings!

The PA-5 has route correlated destination signs on the front & rearmost cab ends, ie red for newark, green for wc-hoboken, yellow for jsq-33, blue for 33-hob, and yellow/blue for the overnight/holiday/weekend 33-jsq via hob.

The windows are different, they are held in by the frame, vs protected by a bar, they have a seal removal vs push in/out for emergency egress. They are a lot like the R160, just narrower and shorter, and able to go much faster.

Any other PATH questions post them in the regional trasit systems forum!

- A

Archived