Overnight subway service

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could do one better and terminate the (R) at Whitehall which would allow the (N) and (D) to continue thru the bypass (which forces 4Av express to 36th) 24/7.

Or better yet, terminate at Canal Street so it connects back with the (N), so that Rector St, Cortlandt St, and City Hall are still served.

Looking at the track map, it would only be able to go in and out of the northbound platform (thats the better side to be on anyway), but switches are available south of the station to go back southbound (as long as trains are not layed up on those express tracks).

Maybe they should have the (M) run to Myrtle all except weekends and the (Mx) do the old pattern. I don't see the problem with having 2 (M)'s or the (J) run to Metropolotan ave Late Nights. Maybe the (J) could have Less waiting times to go to Jamaica Or Middle Village.

Young man have you ever been on the subway after 12 Midnight? Not meant to be rude but unless you experience it, not sure these proposals means much.

Maybe they should have the (M) run to Myrtle all except weekends and the (Mx) do the old pattern. I don't see the problem with having 2 (M)'s or the (J) run to Metropolotan ave Late Nights. Maybe the (J) could have Less waiting times to go to Jamaica Or Middle Village.

Do you really not see a problem with running two M lines?

Not really I dont take the (M) so IDC.

And there's why you shouldn't be suggesting ideas. You can't put yourself in the shoes of the people who rely on it so its like why should you give a rats ass. Why not take a ride out that way on a regular basis and then try suggesting stuff? Seriously, it makes me glad rail fans like yourself don't run the (MTA). What a piece of work.

And there's why you shouldn't be suggesting ideas. You can't put yourself in the shoes of the people who rely on it so its like why should you give a rats ass. Why don't take a ride out that way on a regular basis and then try suggesting stuff? Seriously, it makes me glad rail fans like yourself don't run the (MTA). What a piece of work.

Cut him some slack. He didn't mean any harm by it. Just an innocent mistake. We were all 13 once too. :(

:( I'm sorry but mistakes don't sound like "I don't use it so I don't care." That's what ignorance sounds like.

I thought he meant "I don't use it so I don't see" meaning he didn't see the problem with two (M) trains, although he put IDC... lol He could've meant I don't care I suppose, but I assume he meant I don't see since he was responding to the question. Damn abbreviations. :mad:

I rather see the (W) reincarnated after the Second Avenue Subway opens with the (Q) going to 96 Street. The (W) could fill in the gap left from the (Mx), and run from Astoria-Ditmars Boulevard to Bay Parkway at all times except late nights, and weekends unless if the (MTA) wants the (N) to cross the Manhattan Bridge at all times. Then they could have the (W) run at all times. Plus it would be a bonanza for the (N) which can run as the Broadway Express once again.

Guest lance25
I rather see the (W) reincarnated after the Second Avenue Subway opens with the (Q) going to 96 Street. The (W) could fill in the gap left from the (Mx), and run from Astoria-Ditmars Boulevard to Bay Parkway at all times except late nights, and weekends unless if the (MTA) wants the (N) to cross the Manhattan Bridge at all times. Then they could have the (W) run at all times. Plus it would be a bonanza for the (N) which can run as the Broadway Express once again.

Stop acting as though Second Avenue is opening tomorrow. 2016 is a long time from now. A lot can happen in the intervening time. Plus, why would this new (W) need to run at all times? It's not as though the southern portion of the (Mx) was that crowded. If it was, maybe it would've ran for more than rush hours. Just some food for thought.

You dont see a problem with two (M) trains? ...... T.T

it's like bringing back the 70(AA) :l

Over night service (D) terminate at 167th St and relay.For further service take the (4) at 161st or BX1/2 via Concourse.

(6) To Bowling Green

(4) Express on Lex late nights

LMAO thats all I got.

Yea, try telling that to those who live there on Concourse. I think you'll be greeted by a hearty Bronx Cheer.

Yea, try telling that to those who live there on Concourse. I think you'll be greeted by a hearty Bronx Cheer.

I live on Concourse and the riders have no consideration(the (D) riders) its like the (B) is useless from BP to Tremont.And its funny b\c the (B) beats the (D) to 125th in the AM rush sometimes even 59th! How I know b\c I ride the (B) everyday to school and from home b\c the (D) is crowded 95% of the time and that's unnecessary loads.Anyways the (4) is less than 5blocks from Jerome and the Concourse bus is better anyways.

Archived