MNR Connecting Service

newmnrer

Hi,

Tried to avoid clogging the boards with this amateur question, but I couldn't find a good thread when I searched. So here goes:

How do connecting services work exactly? It says here the buses and subways that qualify as connecting. But can I only go on these routes/subway lines and only at specific times? Or does a Metro North + connecting service card eliminate the need for a Metrocard period?

Thanks for the help.

Hi,

Tried to avoid clogging the boards with this amateur question, but I couldn't find a good thread when I searched. So here goes:

How do connecting services work exactly? It says here the buses and subways that qualify as connecting. But can I only go on these routes/subway lines and only at specific times? Or does a Metro North + connecting service card eliminate the need for a Metrocard period?

Thanks for the help.

Welcome aboard! Not sure what exactly you asking on connecting services but here goes. Connecting service means one of these '3' things.

1)Alternative mass transit routes at the station you can use if and when MNRR or LIRR has a shutdown.

2)If you traveling further i.e going to Citifield for a Mets game, at Grand Central you can connect for 'additional' full fare to the (7) subway line.

3)The exact street location of where that railroad station is.

Other info:

4)Most of the NYC subway lines runs 7 days a week 365 days a year. However if you connecting in say Poughkeepsie to the local Ducthess County Loop or Ulster link to New Paltz you need to check for the times they run. The Ulster/Dutchess Buses don't run on major holidays such as New Year's, July4th, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas.

Hope it answers your questions.

Archived