MCI D4500 Discussion

East New York

Even less than CS?

Stengel is an all-local garage since the X51 was discontinued.

BTW, the MCIs that are/were at Long Island Bus are being sent back to Staten Island Division.

As much as I hate to say it, you're right. The X1 and BxM7 clearly carry more people than the X63 and X64.

Not even that---to me, it's also an issue of mileage. Queens Village really should have more 1900s than it currently does.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree... QV had those 43XXs first and then they got shipped out to Yukon and then eventually some made their way over to Ulmer Park, so now they have some 28XXs and older MCIs...

Actually, that WAS the plan. Those #4300s were broken in by Queens Village and then went to Staten Island (in this case...YUKON) so the MTA could repair those (at that time) those 1800s, 1900s and a shitload of 2000s!

UGH...Yukon!

Actually, that WAS the plan. Those #4300s were broken in by Queens Village and then went to Staten Island (in this case...YUKON) so the MTA could repair those (at that time) those 1800s, 1900s and a shitload of 2000s!

UGH...Yukon!

I remember that. Though I have a question, what caused the 3000s to go to Staten Island?

Stengel is an all-local garage since the X51 was discontinued.

BTW, the MCIs that are/were at Long Island Bus are being sent back to Staten Island Division.

Not even that---to me, it's also an issue of mileage. Queens Village really should have more 1900s than it currently does.

why does x64/63 have low ridership???

UGH...Yukon!

So I'm in all good hopes of a massive DL 18-19-2000's to come home:tup:

just like older women they already have been broken in and I want some

why does x64/63 have low ridership???

The X64 simply does not serve a large enough area to generate high ridership. Part of Liberty Avenue is industrial. X63 ridership was much higher when the express bus fare was $4. On some AM peak buses, you couldn't even get a seat. Now, X63 ridership has declined. Many people in Southeast Queens were laid off or can no longer afford the express bus. The X63 is safe, but I honestly believe that the X64 is in danger of being eliminated. The X63 has 701 daily riders. The X64 has 384 daily riders.

MCI D4500 CTs , yay! I just hope (MTA) New York actually keeps this order. This is going to be fun!

You do realize that CT's currently run on Spring Creek routes and the Hylan Blvd express bus routes?

The X64 simply does not serve a large enough area to generate high ridership. Part of Liberty Avenue is industrial. X63 ridership was much higher when the express bus fare was $4. On some AM peak buses, you couldn't even get a seat. Now, X63 ridership has declined. Many people in Southeast Queens were laid off or can no longer afford the express bus. The X63 is safe, but I honestly believe that the X64 is in danger of being eliminated. The X63 has 701 daily riders. The X64 has 384 daily riders.

You do realize that CT's currently run on Spring Creek routes and the Hylan Blvd express bus routes?

I think the X64 will be kept assuming that it serves areas that are far away from the subway. 384 daily riders isn't terrible and is comparable to the X16. The difference is the X16 had 350 daily riders according to the (MTA), but the (MTA) was determined to kill that express bus line by providing sh*tty service, thus forcing express bus riders to other lines like the X12. :mad: Their objective was to kill the line because they thought us X16 riders could simply take the ferry, which is bunch of BS, simply because many switched to the X16 because of the unreliable S98. :mad: Service is still sh*tty from what I can see because they never give that line enough time to get to the ferry.

• 3 weeks later...

wait if liberty is industrial then why doesn't X64 run bidirectional and open door within the industrial area to capture those employees??? It connects with an LIRR station

wait if liberty is industrial then why doesn't X64 run bidirectional and open door within the industrial area to capture those employees??? It connects with an LIRR station

The X64 starts in Cambria Heights. I'm not too familiar with its ridership on Linden Blvd, but the bulk of its ridership is before it makes the turn from Farmers to Liberty. The area along Liberty Avenue is mostly industrial, including the stretch in South Jamaica. That is not a residential area. It has a flawed route that does not maximize its potential ridership.

The X64 starts in Cambria Heights. I'm not too familiar with its ridership on Linden Blvd, but the bulk of its ridership is before it makes the turn from Farmers to Liberty. The area along Liberty Avenue is mostly industrial, including the stretch in South Jamaica. That is not a residential area. It has a flawed route that does not maximize its potential ridership.

Could the QM21 and X63 be combined? It just doesn't seem reasonable to have 2 routes that close when you could reroute the X63 around Rochdale via Guy R Brewer with a few short turns ending there, the rest going to Rosedale after, then looking at the map all I could think of was making the X64 run straight on Linden to the Van Wyck which is more residential. It could pick up the riders from the X63 on Linden and fully cover the Q4.

• 2 weeks later...
the X63 gets its ppl from it's unique segment merging it with QM21 only eliminated the merrick blvd part which already has LTD buses to the train and many other alternatives

Hmmmmmm....how can you merge the X63 to the QM21?? Do you know exactly where the QM21 ends and where the X63 ends? Apparently you don't. Local buses and express buses are not the same thing. Q5 route is all of Merrick the others doesn't count as a Merrick run. X63 doesn't stop near any train stations in Queens neither do the QM21!

the x63 gets its ppl from it's unique segment merging it with qm21 only eliminated the merrick blvd part which already has ltd buses to the train and many other alternatives

I keep saying this and it seems as if its not going through....

RIDE THE ROUTES BEFORE YOU PLAN

Rumor has it the new 4500's will have the Cummins ISX. :drool:

Maybe TA is trying to stock up on cummins powered buses so they get some kind of discount when they order parts....just maybe

Archived