Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Just when you thought Fred Wilpon could not get any worse

R68 Subway Car

What he said was out there, but it's true. Beltrán is overpaid and the other players that he mentioned certainly aren't worth what they are paid either. Reyes is constantly hurt and Wright has been hyped to be this big all star when he is not.

What he said was out there, but it's true. Beltrán is overpaid and the other players that he mentioned certainly are worth what they are paid either. Reyes is constantly hurt and Wright has been hyped to be this big all star when he is not.

Story blown out of proporation. This is not George dissing his players early on as the late Yankees Owner.

Only negative of Wilpon's 'honesty' is that if he and Alderson wants to trade any of these '3' guys, he may get 'lowballed' for any trade values.

Wright is a good player but he overpaid and not a franchise player like Pujols, Howard, Tulowitzki or A-Rod. ( Know Albert, Ryan and Troy play different positions lol.)

On a world series winning team, IMO Wright would be a good 2nd or 3rd banana not a franchise #1 guy.

I caught mike & mike in the morning talking about what Wilpon said about them, before I left this morning....

I agree w/ what Wilpon said about Reyes, Beltran, and Wright, 100%.

lol @ paying Beltran as much as they did, based off that one playoff series... which I remember...

which was true... now look where it got em....

The Mets are a team full of semi-stars, as much I like David Wright....

nobody sticks out... and that's not me dissin the Mets on no Mets/Yankees isht either....

I caught mike & mike in the morning talking about what Wilpon said about them, before I left this morning....

I agree w/ what Wilpon said about Reyes, Beltran, and Wright, 100%.

lol @ paying Beltran as much as they did, based off that one playoff series... which I remember...

which was true... now look where it got em....

The Mets are a team full of semi-stars, as much I like David Wright....

nobody sticks out... and that's not me dissin the Mets on no Mets/Yankees isht either....

And who fault is it to pay these 'semistars?" Fred Wilpon.:(

Archived